Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Long Memorial Day report, Squam Lake.

Sorry for it being so long, I tried to condense it, by the way below I'm sending Slipknots recolection of Friday's trip below.

Funny thing Patrick was hooked before, I've known him since he was a baby, he was allways fishing off the docks and would run over to see our catch when he came in. He loved fishing, I just never took him out til now, and boy I'm glad I did, he's going to be a good little fishing partner and caches on very quickly too I might add.

From Slipknot:
If memory serves correctly...
We caught a smallmouth shortly after Harry mentioned we needed to land a bass before we got into salmon. I believe this bass was on the gold/yellow/silver db?
Then we landed that 18" laker, same lure and off the jigger as well (but he was a "clingon"-no release).
After that we brought in two more bass... one released and one clingon, but don't remember lures or lines (but I think they were both leadcore).
Next Harry reeled in the decent salmon we caught (maybe 19"-20"?) The salmon was either on the jigger or leadcore, but definitely came off that side of the boat.
After a while of no fish (and my nap) we moved to Sandwich Bay, where we had one release on the leadcore with a 7 or 8" salmon (lure?)... and believe we dragged another the same size for about half an hour until you found it while pulling in lines (leadcore or downrigger?)
Lastly, we picked up another short bass on the jigger.

Sorry I can't be of more help. My memory is pretty bad! I do believe Harry brought in one bass/one salmon, I reeled up two bass/ a laker/ small salmon, and you had a bass/ small salmon...???

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Long Memorial Day report, Squam Lake.

Great Report John, But nobody remembers me doing a good job netting your 5lb 2oz fish (At least i did that good LOL) i truly had a blast but like you said tough lake to fish, If i did it myself with my buddy Robert knowing us we would have lost both downrigger balls, a bunch of lures and some other stuff, At least when i fish winni i only have to worry about losing stuff if i get stupid LOL, Tough Lake but Beautiful Lake, Thanks again John I truly enjoyed myself and learned a valuable LESSON "Don't ever touch another man's DRAG LOL" Can't wait to see the pic's if you see me with a tear in my eye that's most probably me still crying from the HOG i lost LOL" Oh well He'll be BIGGER the next time i hook him LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave from up North "The Backwards Frenchman"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Long Memorial Day report, Squam Lake.

Adriens a busy guy, I'm hoping he will get the photos up soon. Got some good ones, the 5 lb/2 ounce Salmon looks great even with you holding it, LOL.

I have another photo of Patrick giving his 4lb/11oz Salmon a smooch, but I didn't want to send too many photos, his 5lb/5oz photo did not come out well, so we used the photo with me holding it..

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Long Memorial Day report, Squam Lake.

Hey John, Adrien said this morning that he had been unable to load those pics on the webpage to download here. I'm sure he'll try again, but just wanted to let you know he was having issues.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Long Memorial Day report, Squam Lake.

He told me a few days the same thing then of course the site went down and I believe he's gone away or getting ready to, so I'm going to ask if someone else can lend a hand here.

How about it anyone out there that can, I'll send you 4 photos, thanks.

I want to get em on before I catch better ones, LOL.

John S.