Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Bananas

Not sure if I've been filled with false info... but from what I've heard... bananas have been considered bad luck since "colonial" days when a ship sank overloaded with bananas...???
A more believable theory is that fish shy away from the "smell" of banana oil that may get on line or lure. Personally I don't believe it a minute! As Dave said, they caught their fish Saturday while eating bananas... and I can attest to the fact that Harry was eating a banana on Friday when we caught all our fish.
I think it has to do more with a persons confidence... If you believe something on your boat is bad luck then subconsciously you may not give 100% to your fishing... If you're not giving 100% then of course your outcome will be less than on the days you feel confident.
Just my opinion...
Either way... to each their own... But if someone is a believer, don't bring the bananas... just a safe bet!
Good luck...

Re: Re: Re: Bananas

Confidence catches fish. The rest is just there to keep us busy - including talking about bananas. ha ha.

Brian

Glad to hear you guys did well. My guess is you would have caught ten times the fish had you not brought the bananas. Also not to anger anyone from PETA but I would have chummed the cat or bounced him off bottom for Lakers! LOL

I forgot all about Harry eating his Banana Friday, thanks, my son David ate a Banana a few weeks ago with gloves on after I told him about the superstition.

Fishing is more about luck and technique, maybe more so luck, I allways say "it's better to be lucky than good, goodness can be beat, luck can't be beat".

Bananas are very good nutrionally as well.

John s.