Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help with Browns

If I get a chance in the near future I would like to target some brown trout. Any ideas on lakes to try for trolling would be appreciated.
Thanks, A.J. (Salmonitis)

Re: Help with Browns

AJ,
My lake (Ossipee) has browns and am looking forward to someone that can show me how to catch them. They don't stock them in the lake, but they drop down from the Bearcamp River, which runs into it.They have established themselves and spawn in the fall up the Bearcamp. They're beautiful fish. In the six years I've had the camp, I've only caught a handful, but there are big ones in there.I haven't been out for them at night, which is the best time for them. I did get one that was 24 inches and close to 4 1/2 pounds through the ice last year and have heard of 6-10 lb fish being caught. There are big Jacksmelt in the lake.(up to 15 inches. NO joke) I'll be up there most of the summer. You can put your boat in at my ramp if I'm there.The association won't let you in if I'm not around. I'd love to join you, but if you have a full boat, no problem. It's a very easy and wide ramp w/plenty of parking.E-mail me at Glowik01@hotmail.com and I'll give you my cell number so you can plan a date to go.Joe G

Re: Re: Help with Browns

Thank you Joe. I would be more than happy to have you aboard. I know a great deal of techniques for them but am uncertain if they will work around here. I was shooting for an afternoon/evening trip this Sunday with Salty (My Dad) and a few friends. My Father has a 21' striper. Will the launch handle it? Is the lake easy to navigate? If so would Sunday afternoon be good for you? Please let me know and thank you for the advice.
A.J. (Salmonitis)

Re: Re: Re: Help with Browns

I am also on ossippee lake & have caught a few Browns fishing for salmon best area is in front of bear camp river & the pine river be carefull if you need to use the state ramp on rt. 25 as of last week it still had many trees down

Re: Re: Re: Help with Browns

I need a number that I can reach you. Joe