Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fun with Cod fish

I took 5 guys out that I work with Cod fishing in my boat. We had a blast, some of there guys never been out on the ocean. We went out as far a twenty miles but the 11 miles out was most productive. We put over 250 lbs of fish in the boat. The biggest were 33 lbs,30 lbs, 27.5lbs, 25lbs 24.5lbs 21.5lbs several other in the 10-12 lbs 8.5 lbs cusk. These guys are hooked, and are now looking for a boat. We were fishing with jigs and a hook 2 feet above with clams. While jigging I had a hit and the rod I was using was bent in the water for 20 minutes. This felt like a monster. When the fish approch the surface I noticed that there was a fish on each hook. The guy netting, netted the top Cod and I gilled the bottom one. One fish weighed 25 lbs and the other weighed 30 lbs. Fun trip but, 10 hours of boat cleaning not sure when it will happen again. We we out of Rye have a blast if you go out.

Re: Fun with Cod fish

rub it in a little......I had an invite for a bottom fishing trip for this sunday 6-4-06 but Had to stay home to watch my daughter but heard of some big cod and haddock around. An old friend called and had capt bills charters out of portsmouth reserved This guy is a great captian and host....I was bummed That I could not go. Mabie next time

Charlie

Re: Re: Fun with Cod fish

The cod and haddock fishing has been reat this year eventhough the minimum length for cod has been increased. I've been out with Captain Bill the past years, but also out of Agunquit Me on the Bunny Clark. Captain Tim has a web site that lists every day's catch. www.bunnyclark.com