Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"No No show Slipknot", Squam report (good and bad)

Slipknot took Travis off the Hook, a no show, is a no show. I left at 5:00 PM last night for the Lake so I couldn't e mail Slipknot, as I knew he was at a wedding I did not want to phone his cell.

SOOOOOOOOOO, I asked Donkey Dave to leave a message on the board for Slipknot that I would be going out, and the boat would leave the dock at 4:30, should have known better to give a Dumb Frenchman such a hard task, my mistake, LOL. At any rate, I figured Slipknot would check the message board when he got on, wrong again.

At any rate got to the boat at 4:15, was getting ready and all power quit, took us a while to find the main fuse which was not blown but corroded. OK 4:50, ready to go, no Slipknot, called his cell no less than 3 times and also called his house, answering machine in each case. Maybe he's on his way and cell coverage is poor in those neck of the woods, so I waited a while longer. Called Dave and he said he left him the message, called Travis to let him know he is off the hook now, but dialed Adrien by mistake, of course he wasn't home, gone fishin.

At any rate I'm sorry about the mixup, the fishing was horrible so you didn't miss much, on my boat anyhow. However, a friend of mine got a nice Salmon, 6 Lb 2 oz, 5 lb 12 oz and one 4 +, Donkey Dave's buddy Robert got a small Laker, only "8lbs 2 oz", photo to follow.

Myself and Thy, got a big fat "0", one bite, late in the morning, a good one too, ripped off a bunch of line, jumped and was off before I got to the rod ?????

Slipknot, maybe you would have been the luck I needed tiday ???? Next week for sure.

The above fish were the only ones caught by the respective fisherman for the day, very typical of Squam, few or none, but super quality if you get lucky to get one (or two).. There were also a couple of 7" newbie Salmon caught by Donkey Dave, who by the way wants to shed his nickname, but we will cover that in another post..

John S.

Re: Let's get the whole story straight now LOL!!!!!!!!!

If My French Memory serves me correctly You told me to leave slipknot a message on the message board as you said he told you he was going to check it when he got home from the wedding, You never told me to leave him an E-mail too LOL Oh well we'll forgive slipknot this time LOL, As John said very slow on Squam today 2 small newbie salmon weren't hooked bad so i was glad about that and as John said a small 8lb 2oz Laker 32' down in 45' of water, I thought my buddy Rob was hooked on the bottom but this thing tore the line off of the spool all the way down to the knot, Thought sure he was gonna lose it, But Donkey Dave's quick Spin around Captain Move and with the help of his son Reeling in the other lines faster then you could say "Holy S__T" and lifting the rigger ball this small guy showed his big old face, then proceeded to take all the line out 4 more times (Donkey Dave yelling in the background Leave the DRAG alone let him run all he wants) See i think I've learned my lesson on drag's LOL Finally tired him out and got him to the side of the boat Another FINE netting job from Donkey Dave Got him into the Boat (At least i can do something right LOL) Not alot of fish in the boat But Great day talking to Big John, T , and another Squam local Rebel, and spending time with my best friend his son and my sweet little girl. My buddy Robert's face was "Priceless" that was the biggest fish he's ever caught!!!!!!!! Good thing i learned a valuable lesson on drag's otherwise we probably wouldn't have landed that HOG of a laker. Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave from up North "The Backwards Frenchman" I'll lose this nickname before Salmon Season ends this year LOL

Re: Re: Let's get the whole story straight now LOL!!!!!!!!!

Well Dave that's why Popeye and his Brother call Squam "The Land of the Giants", look at it, 4 fish that we know of caught in the area we were fishing, 8/2, 6/2, 5/12 and 4+, course it took about 6.5 hours for 2 boats to get them 4 babies. By the way the 3 big Salmon noted above, were all caught on "dead" frozen, sewn on smelt by the "Rebel", a regular weekend warrior on Squam.

I'm really happy for your buddy, now that you have "drag" asjustment down pat, it's your turn to get a monster.

In all fairness To "LOL Donkey Dave, From up North, The Backwards Frenchman", I think he has earned the right to shorten up his handle some, besides it's too **** long anyhow. He has netted two big fish his last two trips out without out donkeying them, Soooooooo, my vote is to shorten it up and go back to just "Dave from Up North", of course the final say is up to Adrien. And in time, I'm sure Ol Dave will earn himself a whole new nickname from Adrien.

I talked with Adrien a few times this weekend and they are killing them up in Maine, 20 some odd Salmon yesterday and one Salmon over 6 pounds.

By the way Adrien is gearing up for a trip to Squam, beware big boys, the King is coming.
John S.