Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late fishing report

Fished last wednesday the 31st of may. My father-in-law was down from canada so we got him out on the water with me and slipknot and slipknot's friend josh. I was apprehensive about the day after hearing about all the memorial day weekend skunks that were out but decided to give it hell anyways. We could only fish until 10 AM so we hit that lake hard and good! We had doubles on in the dark before we had the third line in the water and then got them back in for another set of doubles and only landed 1 of those. but it was a beautiful 19 inch salmon that weighed 1 lb 1 oz. we are pretty sure it had H.I.V. or menengitis, no way to tell without a blood test? Maybe just anorexia but he was NASTY!
we picked at a few more small ones about 16 inches and then the big boy hit and it was Josh's turn he was on that rigger like stink on sh__ ! made a beautiful hook set and the fight was on he came in like a bull dozer and then took to the air and when he was pooped out made an appearance beside the boat where my Father-In-Law, (obviously jealous that this was bigger than his 3.25 lber) wound up with the net and bashed that salmon on the head with all his might dislodging the fly from his jaw and sending the monster back to the deeps. not much wa said for a few minutes as you can imagine, i even thought about a divorce! anyways we hit a few more and then it was my turn and when the rigger popped and i hit the rod the line was peeling out i just passed it off to josh because jerry smashed his last one. i took over on the net for this one and we put a nice 4 lber in the net. by 10 AM we had boated 13 salmon , had a million laughs, a few tears and i decided against the divorce, hell i even gave josh a hug when we put the 4 lber in the boat, (i think that frieked him out a little!) all in all another great day on good 'Ol' Winni!

In the picture are a (4Lb) a (1.1lb x 19 in.) a (2.75 Lb.) and a (3.25 lb.)

Re: Late fishing report

Adrien, my friend, you're back! You tell a story like no other... I was laughing so hard my wife thought I had lost it again!
I think you DID surprise Josh a little with the hug... but secretly I think he liked it! HEHE
No mention of the great "boatmanship" shown by the honorary captain??? Huh... ?
Anyways... Josh is now hooked... he's called me like every other day asking when we're going again. Haha Soon, Josh, soon... Now I have these big standards to match!!! Ahhhh, it'll be tough on me if I show him a skunk!
Anyways, I'm happy to hear you decided against the divorce! What good is half a boat anyways... you know she'd want the other half! Hahaha
Great times aboard the YoAdrien.

Re: Late fishing report

Man, you call THAT a fishing report.
NUMBERS?

How deep were they, what hardware/colors were they hitting? What area of the lake were you at?

I only ask because after a fairly large investment I've only caught one so far. But I'll be back out tomorrow morning. I'm hooked now!

But seriously, nice fish.

Moe

Re: Re: Late fishing report

I am sorry it is a far cry from my normal fishing report.

I left my little anal fishing log in the truck and didn't write it down.

I had 3 colors of leadcore out and was fishing 20 feet on the riggers. some fish were caught with 185 feet of line out off the riggers and a couple at about 50 feet back.

Best color was once again Wonderbread. That has been my hottest lure all year everywhere i have been. Also a kevorkian alewife caught a few and the NH Guide DB and Ugly Orange top gun. i trolled at 2.3 mph.

I won't forget the book again i promise :-) Good Luck!