(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: help me find these

Just a thought...

Couldn't you take the foam insert out of some inexpensive large fly boxes and hot glue or epoxy some suction cups to the back side of it?

You could get the fly boxes from Cabela's or Bass Pro from the fly fishing section.

Looks like a great gadget for keep lures tangle free and instantly available!!

Re: Re: help me find these

Bruce - I didn't think about the velcro. You can get self adhesive velcro to cut to any size or buy it in strips. That would work on the back of the fly box inserts much better than suction cups! Great idea!

As soon as I get back from the store buying all those lure colors LOL I think I will think about making those.

Seriously though have you thought of high density insulation or cork board or whatever material soft enough for hooks and velcro? Ezpass makes those perfect size strips of velcro LOL.

Re: Re: help me find these

thats what ill probably do if i cant find them, but this was so practical, not having to look thru several planos for what i wanted. a bigger one would even be better. its amazing how much space three fisherman need in a boat to put all the gear in, this could cut my needs down drastically, or add to the problem

Re: Re: Re: help me find these

A peice of marine carpet works well too. That is what I use, they hold the hooks, and come out when you pull on them.

Popeye

what a mess you have there. Have you considered cabelas item #IG-119597 to hold your lures and flies.
these things are really good you can put two set-ups on every yellow insert,making one box have 36 different lures. you can also different leghts of leader on them 12" 24" 36" etc. so when you go to change lures you don't have to waste any fishing time.although you have to take some time to set them all up I think you'll find it worth while. They work great.