Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Newfound Salmon

any time allen next time you will have to bring salmon slammer with you so we can slam them. newfound is alot like squam and sunapee you won't get the numbers like winni but when you do get one it's a beauty. hot pink db both sides took the 4.5lbs at 21' and mother of pearl db both sides took the 25" at 32' both over 100' of water also fishing over smelt pods i have been doing very well this year for salmon (except for the 2 5lbs'er that i donkeied at the net) we have had some very nice salmon in the 4 to 5lbs range. one of the donkeys was at least 6lbs.thanks allen for the beautful net job i would have donkeied the big one for sure lol

Re: Re: Newfound Salmon

that mother of pearl db was a killer last week on sebago, i need more. that and the orange pearl like colored one. beuatiful lure

Re: Re: Re: Newfound Salmon

If your looking at the Paugus Bay Sport Shop website, which one is the mother of pearl?

http://www.nhguideservices.com/PBSGdbsmelt.html

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Salmon

the one i have is #144, i assume its the same as what laker taker was using. never seen that one til 2 weekends ago, and we caught several salmon between 4 and 5 pounds on it. #141 and 128 also worked well.after looking at the pictures on that site, not sure if that is called mother of pearl or not, it was taped both sides the same

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Salmon

Yes. That is the lure that we are calling Mother of Pearl. I stopped by Paugus Bay at lunch time today and picked up two more. Can't wait to try in on Winni.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Salmon

Thanks guys! Hopefully the northern VT salmon are aware that this is one of the hot lures this year!