Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

I have to say that i could have fished today and judging by Travis and Jason who both caught 7 or 8 salmon today it was do-able. My problem was that i started at the southern end of the lake where all the big rollers were coming to and it just wasn't fun. I decided rather than stay for a couple hours and get beat up we might as well go home before we wasted any more of the day. I could have re launched in Ctr Harbor or meredith but i still don't know how much fun it would have been.

Come on Johnny it is only a pseudo-skunk. I only fished 20 minutes!

It is a little annoying when the weather says 8-11 mph wind and it sticks by that forecast for the whole day when the laconia airport is recording a steady 18 and gusting 25+ big difference from 11 to gusting 25+ but the weathermen being a little off is nothing new!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

Hey Adrien, I was just picking on ya, we were supposed to go to Thompson but our buddy camping down there called and told us not to bother as the water was pretty high and he thought we would have trouble launching the boat, so we headed down to Squam to bug Sampson, God Should have stayed home in bed it was like a friggin tornado came upon us all of a sudden 4 lost lures, lost the mono and 1 color of lead off of my leadcore set-up Twice i might add UGHHHHHHHHH And lost my buddy Rob's favorite Homemade lure that he caught his laker with ( LOL Don't tell him i said that He hasn't shut up about that dam lure since he caught the fish LOL Felt bad but was laughing on the inside HEHEHEHHEHEHE LOL) And i bent the friggin trolling plate UGHHHHHH thats ok i used my baby fat and pushed it back into place LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North "The Backwards Frenchman"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

We were out this morning. Had oringinly planned to fish off Welch island as we have been doing well there.
the wind make that not doable so we fished off chase piont towards the eastside of cow island. We did nothing for the first 2 hours. We moved over to the eastside of sandy isalnd where "salmon patrol" was catching all the fish. we missed a petty good there and one smaller one. Than moved to the westside of sandy into the rough water and picked up a laker it was a pretty slow morning for us. but along about 1130 the big waves on the broads were fun to play in

Be well all
Glen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

After thinking that LOL Donkey Dave etc, etc. might take another swim (go overboard-again) trying to land a a fish in those waves, I got to thinking.

How the hell was I going to land one "alone" if I got one on, it was going to be a major feat just to bring my lines and riggers up with nobody sterring my "sail boat". About then I started to think about getting the hell out of there myself.

That's when I lost my favorite AJ's Bait and Tackle hat, that was the last straw. I let her run by herself in circles while I pulled everything up and was outta there. Now I need a new hat, one with a chin strap this time, Adrien said he could fix me up with a one with bungy cord. I feel very lucky that's all I lost today, how about a replacement hat Alan, Adrien will fix it up for me.

Now that tackle shop I've been stocking in Squam has a hat from AJ's to go with the rest of the stuff from there, painted Salmon rigger balls, landing nets, countless spoons, tons of leads core, etc. etc. etc.

Lol Doney Dave (etc, etc), thanks for your donation the the tackle shop today, especially the "Lunker Laker Killer" spoon.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

LOL Don't worry John, if i know Robert he went down cellar when we got home and made up a duplicate LOL He's funny like that, Just ask Adrien to give ya a straw hat from his farm, YEHAAAAAAAAAA LOL either that or I can get ya one of the good old Frenchman Hats Youz gotta be going Backwards to lose thems LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North "The Backwards Frenchman" Hey John Maybe we should "Borrow" slipknots boat and go to the LCI LOL My wife would kill me for sure LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

Now there's a pair (you and I) that could beat 3 of a kind, now if you throw in Slipknot, it would be 3 of a kind, that could beat a "full house".

But I can't fish the "LCI", I'm fishin the "LOTG" next weekend.

John S.

Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

Dave if you guys can consistently tangle up lines with 2 downriggers... I'm afraid of what might happen on my boat if you took it...??? Lets see, 4 riggers possibly stacked with two lines each, 2 otter boats with lines on each... sounds like trouble!!!
You'd have to promise you'd pick up the lines and riggers BEFORE stopping the boat to take pictures...
I could see the headlines in the newspapers now. Boat found spinning in circles on Lake Champlain... two men found tangled in downrigger cables swimming at back of boat... said men swear they were only trying to retrieve a hat that had fallen overboard. Questioned as to why they did not just net the hat... answered "we dropped the net overboard hours ago".
Now questioned, why do you two find that so funny? Answered "It was Slipknots net!"
You know, the more I think about it... it might be worth letting you guys take the boat, just for the stories we'd hear afterwards. I just need to upgrade my insurance and add your names!

Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

Gee not only to I get slammed So does John??????? Come on now yeah he donates alot of equipment to the squam tackles store but he's alot better then i am LOL As usual ya made me laugh first thing this morning LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North "The Backwards Frenchman"

I wont touch that post with a 10' pole (fishin Pole) but your desription of the headline is probably quite accurate.

Good job, but please stick to fishing information.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dave if you guys can consistently tangle up lines with 2 downriggers... I'm afraid of what might happen on my boat if you took it...??? Lets see, 4 riggers possibly stacked with two lines each, 2 otter boats with lines on each... sounds like trouble!!!
You'd have to promise you'd pick up the lines and riggers BEFORE stopping the boat to take pictures...
I could see the headlines in the newspapers now. Boat found spinning in circles on Lake Champlain... two men found tangled in downrigger cables swimming at back of boat... said men swear they were only trying to retrieve a hat that had fallen overboard. Questioned as to why they did not just net the hat... answered "we dropped the net overboard hours ago".
Now questioned, why do you two find that so funny? Answered "It was Slipknots net!"
You know, the more I think about it... it might be worth letting you guys take the boat, just for the stories we'd hear afterwards. I just need to upgrade my insurance and add your names!

Hey, we didn't get skunked!!!! We made Charlie Moore proud!!!!! My mini mag blew up at the end, so now you also have the guts to my rigger in your lake. Lots of structure started......

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

So I guess Adrien was the only one to get truly skunked this weekend, no matter what he says.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Morning Fishing Report

Yes DEAR... I keep forgetting... fish reports only... no stories of self mutilation or humor!!! LOL
You guys know I'm only kidding with ya... I've had my share of blunders too... in AND out of the water!