Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
newfound report

fished newfy last night with brother slimy sculpin ended up with 5 small mud pupies 2 small bows and 2 salmon 1st salmon 18" 2nd salmon 23.5" 4lbs most fish caught between 16' to 28' on pimped up db's made by me. sure is a good feeling when you make a lure and it works consistantly. every lake is a little different. fishing over smelt pods in 100' fow. 68 degrees at the surface.looks like themocline is setting up pretty good.i saw fish n fun 2 out their and from all the yelling and screaming sounded like they did pretty good too. maybe back out tonight also aj we sent you some photos for the bragging board

Re: newfound report

Hey Laker Taker... I haven't been to Newfound for several years. Would you mind helping me out on a couple things...? First, is the state boat ramp open and functional right now? Is it still free?
I used to have luck straight out from the ramp (where it starts to drop off good), out around the left point (as if heading around to the beach) and up along the ledges. If I make it up there soon, are those areas still pretty decent, or would you suggest I search for different spots?
Now that I think of it, there was a certain "sunken island" toward the north end we used to catch them on too...
Any feelings about these spots?
Last time I fished Newfound was ice fishing about five years ago I think??? Trolling would have been a year or two before that. Been too long. I used to work at FNOK, so we'd hit the lake quite often before or after work. Really is a nice, quiet lake.
Good luck up there... sounds like you've been having fun.
You can send me an email at the above address if you'd like.
Thanks.

Re: newfound report

Salmon Slammer and I had a great time on Newfound last night. Brought the wife out with us to see what this fishing is all about. Caught 2 15" Lakers, 1 15" Rainbow and 1 22" 4lb Salmon. We call this a trilogy when you catch all three species on the same trip. I believe that by Laker Taker's post, he also had a Trilogy going on. Rainbow & Salmon caught on M.O.P. DB (mother of pearl), 4 colors out. Lakers caught on 61 Sutton and silver Link Lure. Hope to be back out tonight. Hope to see you there Laker Taker. Lets go for another Trilogy.