Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fishlander down riggers

No experience with Fishlander but I do have electric Cannons that I LOVE!

Highly recommend the electric route.

Re: Re: fishlander down riggers

Salty runs them beside his Big Jon's, nice looking units.

Man those Salmon are turned on on your Lake, what did you put in the water ????? If I wasn't landlocked, I'd be putting in there a few times myself. Big is nice, but big and plenty of action to is better.

By the way I have 2 Jigging boxes from Jason's, they work good, but I like the riggers better this time of year, plus I can stack the riggers if needed, the Jigging box is one line per box and that's it. But I will use them for sure late August and September. I like the type he sells, pulls your line only on a release, rod stays put, neat set up and work well. I only got them this year but from what I see and hear they are the hot set up, especially for streamers.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: fishlander down riggers

ive been thinking of using this old fish jigging device i found that mounts to the downrigger itself. looks like a big green fish with a forward propeller and a small parachute in the back that jigs the line when the boat moves. when i found it it was all gummed up, needs a good cleaning. bet it would work well jigging a big sutton on the bottom. i saw one of those jig boxes at the meeting this year, bet they would be reel nice for streamers. the db's and top guns have been working so well i havent even tried streamers this year and thats what i like to fish with the best

Re: fishlander down riggers

I have 2 on my boat. Plus 2 big jon captain pacs. Had no problems with them during the Winni. derby. The only difference I could see is I think the rod holders have more positions on the Big Jon's.

Re: Re: fishlander down riggers

thanks, i ordered the fishlander. they say it will mount to the pad that the big jon now sits on, which means i may be able to use the rod holder from the big jon as well. i may mount the old one on the back corner of the boat or just keep it for parts for its twin.