Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got Down Rigger Balls???

Ok so here is the LCI report and what a report it is. Fished Saturday all day and did pretty well boating 23 Salmon and 6 Lakers. We fished most of the morning for Salmon catching them steady all morning long. Nice fat fish only 17-19" range but still fun! We made a move and looked for some Laker's (some nice guy gave us GPS #'s to a Trout spot on the radio) Anyway we after a while started catching some Laker's. The first rod to pop was a nice fat BIG BOY that broke off right at the boat 9-10lb range ANGER!! TEARS!! The next two were in the 6-7# range real nice fish. Than it happened we got a rigger ball caught on bottom and to make a long story short lost two balls and all the cable on one rigger. Shortly there after we lost another ball and ALL THE CABLE..We picked up the lines and headed for camp after a long day...

When we got home Saturday night we found out that are neighbors at the camp caught a 17 and 20 pound Cat Fish off the dock!!! WOW!!!

Sunday we slept in than went to the boat and re-rigged the brocken stuff, buy 1:00 had lines in the water. Caught a couple Salmon fought the rough water till around 4:00 and said lets get out of here and try and catch a Big Cat fish this evening.

Got home and sat down to a nice BBQ dinner and while eating threw in a line with a dead shinner, during our meal the drag started screaming and Bailey and Drew landed a nice 9-10# Cat Fish! Later in the evening Myself and Kripple two went out and we caught a big 13-15# Cat!!! That was fun!

Headed home early in the morning for work on Monday and on the way coming off 89 in Enfield I kind of rear ended a truck!!! that was real cool! Oh and my dad had a flat tire on the truck as well so one flat tire one screwed up front bumper, three rigger balls, 400' of down rigger cable, 6 release clips, two sets of Blades and one LCI turney all is gone!!!

Awesome.. But at least my boat and clothes do not smel like sh#@...LOL!!!

Cool Water <((-'--,<

Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

Glad you saw the bright side of the matter...

That was one expensive weekend! Hope you had a great time with family and friends though.

Re: Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

Gee that must be some of the frenchman from your Mom's side of the Family coming through? Almost sounds like i was on the boat with you LOL OH well at least ya got to spend time with your Dad and as we all know that's "Priceless" Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North "The Backwards Frenchman"

Re: Re: Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

dont feel bad 2 years ago i totaled my boat during the lci all because of and altenater on sat drove home that night picked up my cousins boat and a big pump drove back to burlington got there at 4 am picked up my fishing partner who got to sleep all night pumped my boat out which was swamped dragged it off a ledge 4 miles from shelburne bay to the launch mounted my gear on my cousins boat on the water by 11am and fished till 1030 that night 36 hrs no sleep.I never had so much fun, fishing up there is worth staying up 36hrs.

Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

Sounds like you made some great memories for you and your dad to share over and over for many years to come.

What else can I say Bud, except it could have been worse, look at Kersten's experience at a previous LCI.

Glad all our Winni guys made it back in one piece.

John S.

Re: Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

Oh yes we still had fun... That stuff happens... I love that Lake the Lakers are huge!

John you should never go up there you might move.

Cool Water :)

Re: Re: Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

Well I've been a waitin for someone to invite me along
for a trip there, several offers from a few guys, but nothing concrete.

Fun is what it's all about, fun and don't forget those precious memories.

My son John as you knopw thinks that's the best Lake of them all (Winni being #2) and I told you about it being voted #1 in the country by the Bass Pros, do you believe it..

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Down Rigger Balls???

Sounds like you found the "wall of death" off Thompson Point. I couldn't even begin to try and count the balls I've lost on Champ.

Popeye