Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lci

Friday morning Lena spent fishing with bass Pro Dan Correia (team Yamaha) and had a great time. They caught 17 smallmouth bass, two pike (Lena 8#) and one walleye. But without her porta potty, chocolate lab, and no cuddy she's back to cold water fishing.
Saturday I only got about 1 1/2 hour of evening fishing due to a graduation during the day. Sunday was good we boated 26 Lake Trout, the two biggest being 9 lbs (9 fish over 27 inches). Monday morning started slow with some small fish. I yanked up a lake trout 11 1/2 inches then several other 17-22 inches. Then we got into the big fish briefly, the next three fish were over 9 lbs. We ended Monday with at 1:30 with 16 Laker, 40 for the two days. The two biggest were a 30-inch Lena caught at 9.3 lbs and my biggest was a 29-inch at 9.6 lbs. The biggest our team caught was 9.79 Lake Trout. We did catch alot of nice fish but did run into some small fish. Like Travis we lost some equipment, one Sea bag, one set of blades, two rigger balls, one with the cable. the one with the lost cable I was alone and was reeling in a nice fish, close to the end of a run(shallow). The ball got hung up and I thought I had time to bring in the fish before I ran out of cable. Brought in the fish for got about the cable while releasing the fish, heard a loud pop and said a few choice phrases I've learned while fishing. Already looking forward to next year. Roland

Re: Re: lci

What did you guys notice in the way of lampreys on fish??
More / Less than usual?
Bigger / smaller than usual?

Can you f-ing believe that 14.45 laker!!! that guy is getting $35,000 even before he gets the first place laker prize worth over $1000 more!!

Hey Roland do you know "Hillbilly"?

Re: Re: Re: lci

i noticed more lampreys.I didnt pay attention to the size they all suck.I thought the salmon had more than i have seen in the past

Re: Re: Re: lci

Hi Adrien I thought there was less and the size was much smaller. Most lampreys were 7-10 inches, in the past we have seen some 16 plus and twice the diamerter. Two weeks ago only 3 lamprey on 49 fish, this weekend about 9 lamprey on 40 fish. Over all I think its getting better. They have just about clean up lake Ontario of Lamprey's I'm sure they can handle Champlain. As far as "Hillbilly", yes I'v talk to him a couple of times at award ceremony's. He and his wife are successful laker Yankers, he loves to talk. He also know the guys in Vermont I fish with.

Re: Re: Re: Re: lci

i usually run into him at the hotels we seem to be at the same place often. nice guy for sure.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lci

Like Travis said we all had fun at LCI and had some exciting moments, like two downriggers hung up at same time.
I think in general like Kersten said we saw more lampreys on the salmon this year. I think everyone caught had hits on them and several were brought into the boat. Most were 7-10 inches long.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lci

I posted the message before this...Trav had signed in on my computer and I did't notice.