Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: lci

What did you guys notice in the way of lampreys on fish??
More / Less than usual?
Bigger / smaller than usual?

Can you f-ing believe that 14.45 laker!!! that guy is getting $35,000 even before he gets the first place laker prize worth over $1000 more!!

Hey Roland do you know "Hillbilly"?

Re: Re: Re: lci

i noticed more lampreys.I didnt pay attention to the size they all suck.I thought the salmon had more than i have seen in the past

Re: Re: Re: lci

Hi Adrien I thought there was less and the size was much smaller. Most lampreys were 7-10 inches, in the past we have seen some 16 plus and twice the diamerter. Two weeks ago only 3 lamprey on 49 fish, this weekend about 9 lamprey on 40 fish. Over all I think its getting better. They have just about clean up lake Ontario of Lamprey's I'm sure they can handle Champlain. As far as "Hillbilly", yes I'v talk to him a couple of times at award ceremony's. He and his wife are successful laker Yankers, he loves to talk. He also know the guys in Vermont I fish with.

Re: Re: Re: Re: lci

i usually run into him at the hotels we seem to be at the same place often. nice guy for sure.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lci

Like Travis said we all had fun at LCI and had some exciting moments, like two downriggers hung up at same time.
I think in general like Kersten said we saw more lampreys on the salmon this year. I think everyone caught had hits on them and several were brought into the boat. Most were 7-10 inches long.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lci

I posted the message before this...Trav had signed in on my computer and I did't notice.