Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

I am thinking of going to the isles of shoals agian this saturday but depends on the weather of course. I will be putting in at the great state ramp at dover point [hilton park] I am so thrilled each time I put in at that foolish set up.

Charlie

Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

Have you ever tried Great Bay Marina right down the road from there. I thinks its 8 or 10 bucks with plenty of parking, a nice planked ramp and the tide does not matter !!
Try it once and you will never go to Hilton Park again !!

Re: Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

Is that marina before or after the bridge.Is it near Newicks Rest. or after the bridge take a right at the Mobil station.

Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

just checked the weather report for sat now their saying showers with 20 to 25 knots increasing to 25 to 30 in the afternoon with 3 to 5 foot seas, looks like I'll fish winni on sat around black point and welch island. I'll try again next weekend. "reel it in "

Re: Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

Yes I have tried the great bay marina. And to be honest the INCOMING TIDE REALLY BLOWS if your pulling out the boat due to the dock is on the left and the tide is pulling you right very hard. I agree it is nice but at hilton park tides going out or in really dont matter. They [the state] need to put a long floating dock or something it really Makes me mad they do not address that stupid launch.

CHARLIES CHARTERS

Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

i like to put in at the hampton state launch plenty of place to park and you can get bait and tackle right their. it only cost 8 dollars and you can put in at high and low tide plus it'sonly 15 minutes to plum island or 20 minutes to the isles of shoals. "reel it in "

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

I use Pierce Island in Portsmouth, state launch across from Naval Base. cost is $10 but they have upgraded to a floating dock and concrete ramps. Also good at any tide.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone going out to the ocean on saturday

Great Bay Marina is $25 to launch and park(unless it changed from last year), and Rye and Hampton are now $10. Pierce Island is nice, as long as your boat and truck aren't too long to pull through Portsmouths' tight streets in the area.