Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
thanks to all

Last july I was diagnosed with ALS aka Lou Gehrigs disease at the age of 35.Was told I have 2-5 yrs left.The first thing I did was set my boat up for trolling for lake trout and salmon.I always planned to spend my retirement learning how to catch these fish and now Im retired.I started out last august fishing the lakes in pittsburg with minimal success caught 5 fish in approx 300 hrs pitiful.Then I read one of Al Nutes fishing reports in the herald went to Newfound and caught 13 lakers in one day awesome with 2weeks left in the season I was finnaly catching fish thanks to Al.Started early this year had 12 trips out caught 6 fish then I found this message board during the ten days of rain we had in May I studied all the info I could finally the rain stopped and I was on the water agaian with all of your knowledge.I had the best day of fishing in my life 9 salmon 2 lakers 5 or 6 lost releases one salmon fought for TEN MINUTES thought it was a state record turned out to be a 22 incher.Have not been skunked since.With the help of everyone on this board my last year of fishing is going to be a great one. Thank you all

Re: thanks to all

Very, very sorry to hear the bad news. Lets hope they are wrong and you have more time left.
Happy to hear you are doing well fishing, though. Very relaxing and yet exciting at the same time, right?
Make the best of your time... My heart goes out to you. Honestly, I'm at a loss for words...

Rich, I am so very sorry to hear your news. I am speechless! I am deeply touched to know what the site has done for you and because of your post I now have a much deeper pride to be part of it! Please continue to visit and post and best of luck on the water. Enjoy it. God Bless You,
A.J. White (Salmonitis)

Re: Re: thanks to all

If you feel like fishing a different lake, I will be up at Ossipee a lot this summer. E-mail me and I'll take you out if you'd like. Silver lake is around the corner too and is a great place for bows and lakers.glowik01@hotmail.com Joe G

Rich,
Naturally, I'm sorry to hear the news and doctors can be wrong (that's what lawyers are for), let's hope that "the Smile of the Great Spirit" still has a few surprises left for you.

The Very Best of Luck! <')))XXX><

Moe

Rich, Very sorry to hear the bad news, Glad the website has helped you and remember with Faith Anything is possible, May God Bless you and be with you!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North "The Backwards Frenchman"

I pray God's hand be on you during this time. All things are possible with Him. Continue to slay the Salmon and lakers!

God Bless You!!!

Lets go fishing I will E-Mail you...

Cool Water and Salmonitis

Re: Re: Re: thanks to all

Rich,

Sorry to hear about the illness. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your retirement. I too have learned a lot from this board. I also learned a lot from the book that Hal Lyon wrote. It is called "Angling in the Smile of the Great Spirit." I know that Hal is an active member of this board as well. He wrote the book about fishing in Lake Winni and it has a lot of tips and tricks in it for catching salmon, Lakers, Bows, and even Bass. I would reccomend the book to anyone as it not only was informative but entertaining!