(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Derby Up-date

Captian Johnny,
I leave for South Florida Wed, won't be back until July 17th, so the trout and salmon will be safe from me for awhile. Don't know if I will fish or not down there. have fun in the LOTG's.

Hey Dave,
I only go up for the derby. it is really slow, always has been. I (for the most part) do find a little weight up there, most of the time its out in front of the dam in 140'. Ray got his brown in 90, I got my bow 33 down over 121 on a home made tape job. I think out if front of the damm is better with the deep water and the bait. Oh ya, got mine on a crazy Ivan, John thought I had fallen asleep!.
The "GOG" is great place to fish. have done the ramp in Newport, and gone in to "Ol Canada" and fished too. Nice salmon and steelhead, when you hit them.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Derby Up-date

I'm far from a Captian, I can't put myself on any hungry fish, I don't even want to take any fishing buddies out it's been so slow lately. But it will be getting better real soon.

Relax and enjoy the Sun in Florida, something we don't have much of up here, not yet anyhow.

I have done my last Bass guided trip in Florida, getting skunked on Squam is a more enjoyable day. But the Sails, etc. still can offer a fun day on the Ocean and Red Fish/Spekled Trout can be allot of fun in the Bays and Backwaters if you hit em right..

Enjoy and relax, we hope to have to fishing straightened out by the time you get back and we'll leave you a few "Giants".

Give me a call from the Sunshine State.

John S.