Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

I will be there Sat. night thru the forth, my cell # is (603)321-7175 hoping to do some fishing, my place is down the Muddy river but I always fish in front of the o-at-ka camp let me know if you find any action eleswhere.

Thanks Bob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

Oh yeah if your boat is still broke let me know if you want to get out.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

we will probably stick to the same area, south of spider island down to the big victorian, and north of spider up to the house with the frog eyed dormers. last weekend there was a guy fishing the west shore off fry island and had 4 lakers over 8 pounds according to the biologist that was poll taking that morning. might try that this upcoming weekend, but things have been so good over by spider for the salmon that its hard to leave it. so much different this year compared to last

Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

thanks again fishlessmen

ilucas

Sebago Info

I posed some of the same questions as you last year and i saved the responses for when i make it up there here is some good info from some nice guys. I hope you have a great trip up there and catch some monsters!

Jordans store is great. No one knows more than Caroll Cutting. His boys are knowledgeable too.

My method is to sew on a smelt or large shiner 18" behind a Dave Davis, troll this as slow as it takes to get the large blade in the front to flip over the top once every 2-3 seconds. The bait should have a slow roll to it also.
Run this 3 feet off the bottom. Check the bait for debris. Happens often, usually pine needles.

Most of my fishing is done on the west side of the lake. The north side of the Frye's gap is a producer too.

This place will eat you DR balls but not as bad as Winni.

Good luck.

Adrien, The flats areas Fish Fevor refers to are where great spots. Another favorite spot is the eastern side of Jordan Bay in 40'-60'. Togue fishing in Sebago is a dream due to the soft bottom.
Don't forget some large flatfish in rainbow and frog finish.

YOAdrien there is a public launch at lake Sebago state park at the naples end of lake, bait & tackle shop in naples and i've read there is good fishing in the deep water just off the state park. point sebago has excellent camping and some rental cabins & trailers and is a quality operation. Also several other public launches (not like NH, no public access) in Raymond and Standish but pay parking after memorial day. Hope this helps, our family intends to try our luck on Sebago lakers fathers day weekend also free fishing in maine june 11,12. LOL

I live right down the road from the Standish boat launch. Good place to launch unless the wind is from the north. The other place you might want to consider launching from is in East Sebago or Nasons beach in East Sebago, both off of RT 114. These two launches put you just adjacent to some of the better places to fish on the lake. Right along 114 is a small convience store with tackle and great advice; he has the best knowledge on the lake. The name of the store escapes me but I will send it along when I remember. The deepest hole is just about dead smack in the middle of the lake. But off of East Sebago you'll want to fish and area known as the flats. It is a large shoal (50 feet deep) that has steep drop offs to 300'. Other places for early mornings is an area called the Camels Pasture. Another area of flats up against steep drop offs. If you like, give me a call at work or email your home address to and I'll send you a map/depth chart of the lake. There are huge lakers in there. The salmon are sparse.

The shop on RT 114 is Jordan's Store in East Sebago. The Owner is Carroll Cutting. Check out the Kittery Trading post fishing report. They talk about the fishing on Sebago.