Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Color question

It seems most times when the fish are on, they will bite anything that moves, if certain colors can be seen better I guess they would take a bite.

I read an article about what colors attract best at lower depths, if I remember correctly, depending on water clarity, Silver or Chrome Prism was the best and White 2nd best.

I think speed, attractants (Flashers, Dodgers, etc) and scent should get allot more attention when the bite is slow if using hardware. Remember, first they have to see it, then like what they see, before a bite can occur, or a "panic bite" (there is another name for this ???) when the fish thinks the bait will get away or another will grab it if it doesn't.

I'm curious what would hgave happened the other day if we speeded up when we saw fish coming up for a "look see" and go back down without a bite. Something we will for sure try next time we see this on our Lowrance.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Color question

Guys:

What about fluorescent and glow-in-the-dark colors? I just got a whole bunch of heat / dip dry paints to experiment with and I got three super-long lasting glow in the dark colors, one is "white" that glows like a chartreuse, then a yellow and an orange. I had not worked with this type of painting before, so my first experiments are pretty lame, but the potential is there...I've also got these glow beads to use with attractors. So after that long winded primer -- any thoughts from anyone on using glow in the dark colors when deep trolling?
Eric H.

Re: Color question

Remember that colors change the deeper under the water you go.. Some colors hold up deeper.. Others change.. Oranges look Red.. and so on.. So as the summer goes things can change.. Chart showes up good like silver.. down deep..

thanks Jason

Re: Color question

This is an in depth article on lure color.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/articles/fishing/freshwater/freshwater38.html

Re: Re: Color question

another good place to look is the ontario website that A.J. has listed on the left, in the tips section there is a whole article on color variations and how depths affect color's I thought it was really interesting and imformative Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman