Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

Should be out on the big pond sometime this weekend putting in at ames farm very early and pulling out around 11:ooam and let the vacation people take the lake over. I will be on the super giant pond[ocean] this saturday putting in at Dover point and heading towards the isles of shoals for bait and stripers!!!

Will be on channel 12 on the big pond and the super giant pond. Have a good long safe weekend and hope to talk to a few people from the great site.

Charlies charters [Charlie] GOOD LUCK FISHING TO ALL!!!

Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

will be on winni on sat , putting in at ames farm at 4 or 4:30 am and will be fishing around black point and back side of welch into the broads hope to be out all day . will be on channel 12 and 16 . "reel it in "

Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

I'll be out there all weekend starting friday and ending tuesday.I'll be on 12.

Talked to a guy today who chased mackeral out pass the shoals. Good luck and I'll probably talk to you this week-end.

Re: Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

Keep us posted on the mackerel situation. Good luck out there.

Re: Re: Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

Yes I will report what is going on with the bait. A couple of weekends back I ran into a small school of mackerel near anderson ledge [behind the light house] and after picking up half a dozen I was pushed over 65' of water and picked up a 26 inch cod with a bait rig.....go figure. CAUGHT AND RELEASED.

charlies charters.......[Charlie]

Re: Re: Re: Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

Charlie,

I went on an all day charter last friday. We caught about 50 small pollock out by the Isle of Shoals for live bait. We caught them just off of the back side of the lighthouse. Probably about 100-150 yards from the lighthouse. I am not sure exactly what it was called. We were chumming for them and using small pieces of clam for the bait to catch them. Unfortunately the bait was the only thing we caught. Go figure. All day charter for stripers and not a single fish.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

I hope it was only a bait charter not a striper charter. Plenty of stripers around right now.

Charlies charters [charlie]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: long weekend......who's fishing winni...who's fishing the ocean

any word on the blue fin?