Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Late Sunday Report

Okay , I know this report is late, but I have been waiting to see if Trav would post the "results".....so here it is.
My brother Laker Ladd,Whip, and Land Lubber Dale and their families are in area for weeks vacation....so we took some of the gang fishing.
Trav was joined on his boat by Laker Ladd, Whip, and Whips oldest son Taylor. I was aboard the Kripple II with Capt. Colan and my nephew Dancing Dylan and Whip's other son Alex...aka "Sunapee Slayer".
So... we thought we would have a fun competition!
Fishing was tough as was the competition..the Cool Water crew kept telling us every time they had a fish on via the radio and sometimes when they did not..the boys in our boat were getting nervous, but we kept plugging away. The Cool Water crew kept asking us how we were doing but we chose to not tell the any specifics and it was driving them crazy as Laker Ladd and Whip kept begging their son's to share details...but the boys held their ground , even in the face of "possible punishment" when we reached shore!
At the final weigh in, back at camp the Cool Water went down in defeat. Each boat had two Salmon for the day....The Kripple II had a 3.3# and a 1.7# for a 5lb total..... the Cool Water had a 2.9# and a 1.5# for a total of 4.4 LBS. A mere .6 lb difference but none the less VICTORY for the Crew of the Kripple II.
The Prize...a great barbecue with friends ,family and salmon fillets.
We did also each catch several small lakers. Fish came on orange and copper TG and white/red dot DB.
Also caught some stacked over new "secret" downrigger weight called the "Ridgeback Rattler".
Sorry, Colan, I guess it is not a secret anymore(:
Have a Great Fourth Of July!!!!

Re: A Late Sunday Report

We let them win!!!LOL

Cool Water