Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No bang this 4th

A slow morning. Easi-Troller (son) and Easi-Troller Jr.(grandson) fished from 5AM-10AM today. Fished Diamond, RS, and the hole between RS and Barn Door.
Caught 2 skippers (small salmon that skip across the surface when reeled in from 8 colors out), a 17" salmon caught by Easi-Troller Jr., and a 19.5' laker.
Didn't see anyone else netting any but Salty's reported getting a few. Anyone else?
Cal

Re: No bang this 4th

Yeah, real slow to start on the 4th, I too had one skipper. I fished wolfeboro neck, rattlesnake, ship, moose,and parkers Island. I ended up catching 9 fish for the day. I fished from 545am till 11am, I had only caught 2 bass, one skipper, and a bow 14inches by 9am. Then after 930 I got 2 lakers 18inch and a 20inch, 1 nice fat 18inch bow, 2 slamon one which was 22inches nice fish, the other was 18inches.
I think I talked to you white cap I got a radio check my handle is Magellon.
Fished around 20 to 35ft down, both bows were caught around 30ft. The monica lure was the most productive and a sutton 61.
Hope to be out thursday-sat. I'll be on chan. 12
Dan

Re: Re: No bang this 4th

Gray Ghost and I will be out with Salty on his boat Friday. We'll give you a shout.
Cal

Re: Re: Re: No bang this 4th

ok, were you in a white boat with trophy written on the side of it. I passed a boat near ship island yesterday that had trophy on the side of it, didnt know if that was you. I have a blue Lund with a black merc. for an engine. I will be on the pond at sunrise on friday..talk to you then Dan

Re: Re: Re: Re: No bang this 4th

No. I saw him also but we were in a Blue/Gray 17' Lund Fisherman with a standup canvas top with the front flap up.
Had my son and grandson with me.
Cal

Re: No bang this 4th

Fished the evening of the 4th with Salmoneer. we caught 3 lakers 3 salmon and a rainbow. the lakers were all between 18 and 20 and one of the salmon was 22.5. also fished this moring from 545 until about 930 we caught 4 lakers and 2 salmon and miss a couple more all were keepers. All fish were caught between 25 and 35 feet down on downriggers. we got a couple on leadcore but right now the downriggers are doing a bit better for us than leadcore. Lures were topguns, ethier gold with floresant orange stripe or wonder bread work well for us.

be well all
Glen L