Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suggestion for striper fishing out of a smaller boat?

Launch at Cashmans or Salisbury and fish the edges of Joppa flats and then up on top at high. Jigs, soft baits, clams, herring ought to get it done

Re: Re: Suggestion for striper fishing out of a smaller boat?

i will 2nd cashmans in newburyport, go right into the flats and fish the out going tide w/ chunk herring, we use no weight on 12lb test in the flats, try in front of the duck blind casting close to shore all along that marsh edge out to the channel,used to be productive for us. just watch out for the rocks on the out going by the channel

ilucas

definately try joppa flats. did well weds night more neer the american yaught club. and also the back river at the salsbury side. your 17 ft. boat will be plenty big enough here

Depending where you're coming from, I'd try launching at Hampton and fishing in the harbor and up into the rivers, it should be pretty calm there. Or you could try Dover Point...if you're going at high tide/into slack tide, the current won't be that bad, it's the outgoing tide that really rips. I fished a few years around there with my 14ft Lund, you should be fine, just have an anchor, a radio, and obviously life jackets. Heard many reports of 40-50inchers right around the General Sullivan Bridge, and it's 100 yards from the ramp. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Re: Re: Suggestion for striper fishing out of a smaller boat?

I agree with 2kr dover point with that size boat is ok to launch with low or high tide even though the ramp sucks!! Anyhow big fish are in the river and do not be afraid to go past the mouth of the river just be carefull and be aware of lobster pots and stuff. Bait is still tough to find at least for me so I fly to the isles of shoals for bait. I have a 20 ft boat but if its calm you can go to the isles trust me the 17 ft boat will be fine out in the ocean just be aware of conditions at all times.

charlies charters [Charlie]

Re: Re: Re: Suggestion for striper fishing out of a smaller boat?

I agree. I fished with my 17' Center console outside the mouth, out to the shoals and a lot of the rock piles, and with the smaller boat you can get into a lot of tight places.