Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friday Charter Report

Had a great day today, was lucky enough to take out a loyal fishlakewinni.com board follower and occasional poster "Far Echo Fisherman" He had a friend and their sons out and we had a great time. We were able to land 21 salmon and 1 lake trout. 8 of the salmon were nice fish of 17 - 21" and the rest were the recently stocked 10.75" beauties. We released all but 1 unharmed, he absolutely SWALLOWED a Glow Orange DB Smelt and tore his own gills out, but no worries he'll be a tasty snack!

fish came on riggers from 32-46 feet and 6-8 colors of lead and medium dipsy divers.

Nothing REALLY HOTT today i changed lures all day long looking for a hot ticket but couldn't find one. Pumpkinhead Top Gun and Smelt Gun were good. I used some flies but they only brought little ones. A sutton 61 caught a couple and a kevorkian alewife did a few too.

Fish are willing to bite, if only we could get a warm cloudy possibly a few sprinkles day we could really put some fish in the net. Tough to get many after 8 am right now in the sun, but it is possible we had 15 by 8:10 and then 7 more from 8-1 but a few misses and donkeys mixed in here and there too.

Re: Friday Charter Report

Great talking to you today. You had me quite confused at times, but laughing just the same. I think you must have the same tone in your voice as my wife, 'cause sometimes I only hear half of what you say. (Seriously, I'm not joking.) I think running the power tools for years without hearing protection did some harm! Hope I learned my lesson soon enough (I now wear ear muffs) to stop the continuing damage... It would be awful hard to "read lips" over the vhf!