(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday fishing report

Hey Salty,
Hal writes a book about fishing Lake Winnie. Cal fished with you today and won the challenge on the deepest depth on the lake. Just ask Gus. Or better yet ask your wife Peggy C. who you introduced me to as Hal. Man you must be shook up over that prop.
CAL

Re: Re: Friday fishing report

No, you just didn't hear me right. I think sometimes you just get confused. That happens when you get older. I know who you are. CAL "White Cap Schroeder" The official fishlakewinni.com doorman. From now on you will address me as "The Exalted Salted One"

Tight Lines

Salty : o )

Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

Sorry to hear about the bad luck! Your DR cable didn't some how take out your prop did it?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

Salty... I have to admit... I couldn't bear the fact you guys were outfishing me today. So, I put on my scuba gear, swam over and cut your cable then busted the prop. That oughta teach ya a thing or two!

Obviously, I'm just kidding... That is quite odd how that happened. Perhaps the rigger cable did wind the prop somehow? Either way, thats an expensive day of fishing.

My brother and I only ended up with 8 or 9 of the rats and the one 17" that jumped at least 10 times and had the drag peeling. That fish had a BIG ego! Good news though... they were the first salmon my brother had ever caught! Which I didn't know until the end of the day.
Unlike you and Adrien, we didn't start catching fish until 9am (we were out since 5) and then we quit at 11... If only we hadn't wasted four hours fishing the "north end". But, ya never know... it was worth a try.
One last note... no big producer for us... one on a KennyG... 2 on monkey puke needlefish,... 2 on copper chevy chase... 1 on copper and orange top gun... 2 on rangely db...one on white/silver flutter... and 1 or 2 on a pink/white flutter. Fish caught from 28 to 46 feet down and from 15 to 50 feet behind the ball.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

No that couldn't be the reason since we had already gone about a mile from where we were fishing to where the vibration started. Plus the kicker is between the downrigger and the big motor.
I think it was a defect in the one blade and under full power (waves and wind coming at us) it just let go. The other two blades were untouched.
It's a long way from Diamond to Glendale when you only have the kicker pushing a 21' boat against the waves and wind but Salty (the Exhausted Salted One--or was it Exalted) was optimistic at that point. He threw out the leadline and trolled on the way in.
Cal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

Now that's a real DIEHARD, boat wont go fast, so troll, guess I would have done the same thing..

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

That's what I was thinking too, cable or ball perhaps, sounds like a normal day on Squam, but on Winni not so common I guess. The "Salmon" downrigger balls don't swim so good either, mine went right to the bottom too.

At least your caching some fish.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

My neighbor is a supervisor at NH Ballbearing. He took one look at it and said it was a "bad cast" Either way I've got to deal with it, and get a new prop. Got to get back on the water!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

What size Prop Salty? My buddy Rob has got a nice stainless one that somebody just gave him Let me know what Size maybe i can hook ya up????? Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

Thanks Dave. I bought a new one today. I'll be sending a picture of my old one in to Bombardier. They changed to a different prop since I got this one. I wonder why?? I think maybe this one was defective. My prop is a 15X15. I probably should keep a spare on the boat.

Tight lines,
Salty