Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!

Hey there Yo, How'd ya do up at the Pro/am event? Or is my dumb frenchman mind playing tricks on me again? Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From Up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Mr Lavoie... lets hear it. How'd ya make out in the Pro-Am??? We know you're home... now spill.. LOL

Re: Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!

this is a long story so i will give you guys all the details over phone sometime but,

I was in the Lake Ontario Pro / AM Tournament this weekend in sodus point. I only went because NEMESIS got very sick and needed an operation. he called me and asked me to take his place abourd the Savant Spoons Sponsored Boat, Horst Play in the Pro division. I was very excited to go along. I was just basically along to fill a spot and for my extra 2 rods for the tournament. the other guys did the planning and rigging and i just watched rods and cleaned off fleas. i did reel in a nice brown and 1 14lb. king too. But i didn't actually fish.

On friday we caught NOTHING we didn't even get a bite!! and neither did a couple other boats but as usual the top dogs put up 200 points (10 points per fish and 1 point per pound) example 8 lb. brown=18 points. We absloutely sucked an egg. So we were tied for last place out of about 30 boats.

On saturday they got a game plan going and we landed 12 fish but only 4 big enough to enter. 1 brown 1 coho and 2 kings. for a total of 92 points. this was good enough for 9th place for the day and 18th place for the tournament. Amazing how bad the fishing was for most. How in the world do you end up middle of the pack with 4 fish. But that's what a good tournament is all about it is not about getting lucky. if you are not good or not on your game you are not getting lucky. Thew consistant teams that can adapt to all conditions and know how to catch all kinds of fish win. Also nobody on our boat had ever fished within 40 miles of this port and we were going at it pretty blind. there were a couple boats that put 200 points on friday that came back with 0 on sunday, it was wild.

I am glad i got to experiance the tournament rules and how it is run it is quite complicated the first time. I won't in a million years say i would have done better on my own with my crew because i just don't know. I may have caught nothing for 2 days. I do know that i am going to fish all 4 tournaments next year and go pro division and go balls to the walls and see what happens. Only $2500 to enter the 4 tournament and the Challenge cup so if anybody wants to sponsor my boat make up some big stickers and send a check!!

Re: Re: Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!

So, my guess is you'll do just fine next year. If I was a bigger company, I'd sponsor you. If you need a body on board for extra lines and to clean bugs off the deck, let me know... I think I could handle that? Haha
Will talk to you sometime soon... gotta run now though.

Re: Re: Re: Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!

Or if ya need a prof. Net Man (Sorry I ain't cleaning the Poop Machine LOL) and a cook let me know LOL Take Care God bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman