Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dave, John and BrianF

Saturday I caught 14 Salmon, ran from 2 to 6 pounds, 8 Rainbows 18 to 20 inches and 6 Lakers (2 to 6 pounds) bite slowed down after 7:30. To tired after Saturday fish much Sunday. Now if you'll buy that one, I have some Ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to sell..LOL

Squam is still slow, 3 boats caught total of 5 Salmon Saturday morning, two 9", two about 3 pounds, and one Salmon 6 pounds 11 ounces, sorry to say, my boat did not have the big boy. I got a little guy and a 3 pounder, 6 hours fishing..

The word must be out on Squam, only 4 boats Salmon fishing Saturday and 3 on Sunday, I fished 2 hours Sunday, tried a few different things, still no bites ???? then back to work at the camp.

Now as far as no answer and getting voice mail, my cell as you know works fine on the Lake, but nadda at the camp, we now have a land line at the camp, but I forgot the number, LOL. I'll get the number and post it for you and anyone that might care to contact me there or leave me a message there.

John S.

Re: Re: Dave, John and BrianF

Holy Crap, All those fish!!!!!!!!!! No wonder ya didn't call me back to come down on Sunday Hogging all the fish to yourself LOL Up at the 1st Conn, the water was so hot it wasn't even funny, went up to the local river today up in 13 mile woods fishing for a while and only got 2 small bass, water was the warmest i have felt the androscoggin in a very long time, usually it takes a little while to wade up to your chest but today it felt like bathwater, very unusual, Oh well at least i got in the water and i didn't have to flip the boat over this time LOL Talk Soon, TAke Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Dave, John and BrianF

Slipnot, I wished it could have been a more productive day. That was my 1st bad outing in a while for stripers. I'm sure it was the tide we fished and the heat.

High tide would have been better. I won't tell you about the rumors that I have been hearing about the big fish that were caught up on the flats that same afternoon for high tide. Another rumor tells tale of a 40 pounder was caught that afternoon out there too.

I'm sure they were there just fussy like the ones we saw for a breif while sipping the surface.

Sorry for not responding to this until now. Brought my pooch in for surgery yesterday after a very rough end to last weekend.

Hope to be on the water again soon to figure them out.

Hope all is well.
-Brian

Re: Re: Dave, John and BrianF

Hope the dog is okay.

We could have caught a bunch more if we stayed in shallow with the "micros"... But we decided to give it a try out on the ocean for bigguns. High numbers don't make the trip... its the experience. I enjoyed the chats and had fun trying to figure out those fish we were marking out deep.

Yup, I heard a few good fish came off there that afternoon and night on eels. Not sure if thats what you heard, but a guy on another site was saying he picked up some over 40" there.

After doing some researching, I think I may have found a technique to try for those bad boys. It involves staying up reeeaaal late... but it just might pay off?

Haven't been out again yet, but will keep you posted.