Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dave, John and BrianF

Slipnot, I wished it could have been a more productive day. That was my 1st bad outing in a while for stripers. I'm sure it was the tide we fished and the heat.

High tide would have been better. I won't tell you about the rumors that I have been hearing about the big fish that were caught up on the flats that same afternoon for high tide. Another rumor tells tale of a 40 pounder was caught that afternoon out there too.

I'm sure they were there just fussy like the ones we saw for a breif while sipping the surface.

Sorry for not responding to this until now. Brought my pooch in for surgery yesterday after a very rough end to last weekend.

Hope to be on the water again soon to figure them out.

Hope all is well.
-Brian

Re: Re: Dave, John and BrianF

Hope the dog is okay.

We could have caught a bunch more if we stayed in shallow with the "micros"... But we decided to give it a try out on the ocean for bigguns. High numbers don't make the trip... its the experience. I enjoyed the chats and had fun trying to figure out those fish we were marking out deep.

Yup, I heard a few good fish came off there that afternoon and night on eels. Not sure if thats what you heard, but a guy on another site was saying he picked up some over 40" there.

After doing some researching, I think I may have found a technique to try for those bad boys. It involves staying up reeeaaal late... but it just might pay off?

Haven't been out again yet, but will keep you posted.