Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Control king help!!

Hey, i was just about to order a control king for my new 8 hp merc 4 stroke electric start and i noticed they dont list an 8 hp as an option WTF!i need to know if it will work on an 8 or do i need to buy a different motor. Supposed to pick the motor up saterday so timing is important.
thanks to all
Whip

Re: Control king help!!

I did a quick search of the internet and found no listing for the 8hp 4 stroke version... I'd say best and quickest way to find out is call them first thing in the morning...1-877-688-8880 Good luck

Re: Re: Control king help!!

Thanks Craig, ill give um a holla.
Whip

Re: Control king help!!

The controll king does come for the 8 hp four stroke Merc, I had both. I had the brand new 8hp four stroke Merc last year. It was the worst motor I ever had, I sold it after 1 1/2 months. It will not run in rough water, 2' waves or more. I Called Merc them selves and they were no help, they just B/S the whole thing. Finally at a dealer I had one of the mechanic come out on the boat with me. He explained to me that the oxygen sensor has been moved from the past years. So when the unit get into rough water it cut the motor off. When we were on lake Ontario last August we seen a boat sink with the same 8hp merc. The 8hp shut off and he could not get the 90 hp to start. He radioed for help and was hit by a large wave. The people on the boat were shaken up but ok. The boat was towed back to shore under water, and trailered. I don't know who makes the best but I've had several and if you go with Merc by some good oars. We have had a Honda since, and it runs steady no matter what conditions are out there. Good luck.

Hey Whip, That guy i was telling you about still has that 9.9hp 4stroke Honda for sale, Let me know if your interested at this point I'd bet if you offered him a decent price he would more then likely sell it!!!!!!!! Let me know!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From Up North The Backwards Frenchman

Re: Re: Re: Control king help!!

Thanks dave, i probably should do the Honda but i kind of need an ele start as i have so much stuff on the back of my boat it'll be a pain to pull start it.
Thnaks again
Whip

Man, i wish this post was a day earlier.I ordered the control king yesterday and am picking up the 8 merc today. This is just my luck, finally get the okay from the boss to get a new motor and it sounds like its gonna be crap!
Whip

Hey Whip talk to our buddy Rick@BBW maybe he can fix that goofy problem or know's of a way to fix it, If i remember right isn't he a merc dealer? He helped me in fixing the problem with the fishfinder we have on my buddy Rob's boat haven't lost the depth once since doing what he suggested!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!! Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Donkey Dave From up North The Backwards Frenchman

Whip thanks for the heads up on the ConTrollKing web page hot showing the Merc 8.0. It's fixed now. As far as your new motor being a dog - We have heard lots of good about them. Never heard of the sensor and rough water problem. You should be ok. Good Luck.

Magma

Re: Re: Re: Re: Control king help!!

I was wondering what was up with that? i looked again at the site last night and it listed the 8 hp, i thought i was loosing it.....
Again you guys are great i'll be telling everyone.
Whip