Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

that would be charlie, he, his dad, and son fish pretty regularly and are usually up on things. hes my neighbor across the river.

Re: ? for fishlessmen

iLucas:

I bought a whole slew of flutter spoon blanks (Stamina, they repackage spoons made by Worth) and a lot of different "super glow" heat and dip paints from a Canadian outfit on the web. I'm still perfecting this heat and dip process, but the finish is really good and durable with no tape or eyes to pop off. I've made a lot of versions of popular top-gun like lures in the super glow colors. I've only had a chance to test them on a small hydroelectric reservoir down here in NY, but they work. Two weeks ago I got three rainbows on different "glow" variations of the NH guide (two on a 1/2 glow-fluorescent orange / black dots, 1/2 copper, one on a glow-fluorescent yellow / black dots). Last weekend I got three nice smallies and a small but tasty brown trout on my glow version of the "wonderbread." I was typically fishing 20-40 ft on the riggers and leadcore, equal mix on riggers and lead. I imagine at the dark depths these colors really look tempting. I'm going to post pics soon, having problems with my digital camera.

Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

do you have to leave yours in the sun to charge them up like the moonshine ones they talk about on the ontario site. i remember when we went on a charter out there the guide was using a flashlite to charge his

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: ? for fishlessmen

Yes. They say 10 min in a UV rich source. Sunlight is ideal. I'm thinking of rigging up a little box for 12V UV blacklight so I can charge and change out the lures for first light.