Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Everybody Look!!! JIM'S LURES HERE!

These are some of the spoons called "Jim's Lures" Travis and I have been testing them for a while now and we can sefely say these are very good lures we have caught everything on them.

Jim Makes lots of shapes and sizes i think 7 or 8 different sizes. The 1 in the middle that is like a rainbow of colors is about same size as a db smelt but maybe a bit thinner. The ones to the right are BIG but not too big. and the ones to the left are small like 2 inches. he hand grinds them to the size he desires from larger pieces of metal. they have great action and can easily be tuned to suit your speed or preferance of action. The small ones are getting really good now with the baby smelts arrival.

They are going to be available for purchase at AJ's Bait and Tackle in the very near future, like within a week. So if you are around Meredith stop in and get a few, you won't be sorry.

Re: Everybody Look!!! JIM'S LURES HERE!

does he cut his own blanks or buy them and grind them, nice looking lures, the pearly with orange dots has sold me

Re: Re: Everybody Look!!! JIM'S LURES HERE!

I think some of both, depending on material.

Re: Re: Re: Everybody Look!!! JIM'S LURES HERE!

Nice looking hardware.

Does the single hook work any better for landing fish? And without jepardizing the hookset?

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Everybody Look!!! JIM'S LURES HERE!

Yup, single hooks work well. Less damage to the fish too. Needlefish are set up the same way and I rarely miss a hookset with one of those lures.
If he's shaping, taping and rigging hooks on all those himself... he's not making much money. That's time consuming stuff...

Re: Everybody Look!!! JIM'S LURES HERE!

I was wondering where my lure's went??? he he he...

Cool Water