Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday 7/20 report - late

Sorry this post is a little late. First trip up to the big lake since before the Derby!

My son & I put out of Ames Thursday morning. Been out of town, so it was a late night getting caught back up at home, gearing up the boat, etc., so we had a late start that morning.

Lines in the water at 8 AM (I know, shameful, missed best part of the day, but just had get out and fish). We quit before noon, in all landed 12 fish (6 salmon, 5 rainbows and 1 laker) and lost a few more. Most hits were around 45' down.

A little slow to start, but landed a 20" laker off the west side of the snake at 8:30 AM, nothing else until almost 10AM.

Starting picking up the rainbows around 10 AM on the broads side, averaging around 18", nothing spectacular. The bows had very little color to them, and were puking up what I would bet were white perch fry 3/4" long all over the deck. Then we starting hitting a lot of small salmon around 8" long, many didn't even trip the releases.

Last fish came just as we were starting to pull up the lines at 11:30AM. Nice salmon, female, almost 22" and fat like a football, jumped 4 times behind the boat and jumped every time we got the net close. Had trouble keeping her in the rubber net, need a bigger/deeper net, keep getting fish too long for the pocket and they keep flopping out.

Anyway, was a very nice day out, not much chatter on the radio though.