Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Help with GPS

Don't make the same mistake that I did. I also wanted a GPS for the boat and the truck, plus light and small enough to carry in the woods. I got a Garmin 76CS before I learned that their Fishing Hotspots software doesn't have Winni or any other New Hampshire lake. It is great in the truck and in the woods, but I have to use the Garmin topo map in the boat on Winni. No depth contours at all. No bouys or markers, other than those I put in myself. Very accurate shoreline, for whatever that is worth. I have to keep a lake chart in front of me or set up routes ahead of time to keep me in deep water. Pass on Garmin.

Re: Re: Re: Help with GPS

Thanks for the information. I am going to Pennsylvania this weekend and will probably stop by Cabelas. What a great store. I can spend hours in there and not see everything. My wife has to drag me out. I will take all of this information with me. Again, thanks...fishing buddy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with GPS

Fishing buddy - I reiterate choice of the Lowrance iFinder H20c. I would search the internet for a better deal on the unit than Cabela's, but if you go to the store check it out first. I saved like $65 bucks vs. Cabela's by going with an internet shop when you factor in the cost of the MapCreate package they offer.

BTW -- the Navionics Hotmaps Premium East Winni map is awesome and the MMC card works in the handheld iFinder H20c and also in my boat's LMS 337c. Ask Salty about his opinion on the map.