Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Just Got Back From Ole Canada!!!!!!!!!!!11

Good report Dave!! Glad your enjoying yourself this summer. (No crutchers!!)

Salty :0)

Re: Re: Re: Just Got Back From Ole Canada!!!!!!!!!!!11

May I should go back to school and learn how to spell. LOL (crutches)

Re: Just Got Back From Ole Canada!!!!!!!!!!!11

Nice report Dave, sounds like you folks had a blast, especially Amber! I have fished Magog several times on the Canadian side and did very well with Winni tactics. We have yet to get a big Salmon there but plenty of small ones.
Fished Merrymeeting yesterday, all short salmon 9 colors and 38 feet on the rigger with a couple of bigger rainbows thrown in. Hot lures were the small copper mooselooks and mother of pearl white DB's. (love that lure...)
Fished a smaller trout/bass lake this morning with a mexed bag of small rainbows and browns. Bows at 5 colors and browns at 8-9 colors early with a couple off the rigger at about 40 feet. Hot lures were the TG Brown Trout and the NH Guide.
This year, thanks to tips gathered from this board, I have been using and have more confidence with the down rigger every time out. Noe experimenting with spinners off the ball, etc.
It is amazing what you can learn from this board...it's the best!
Good luck all,
Bob

Re: Re: Question for Anyone???

While fishing up there we saw at least 20 - 30 boats all anchored in about 30' of water almost in a straight lines, some people looked like they were jigging others possibly just bottom fishing???? these boats are about 30 to 40 feet away from a drop off that goes anywhere from 125feet to 300 feet, Any guess's what they are fishing for? Didn't see anyone catch anything but still curious what they were fishing for? Do lakers come from that deep up to a 30foot shelf like that? Should have asked one of the boaters but some of them can be pretty rude up there Thanks Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Question for Anyone???

Maybe they were fishing for maybe smelt or perch for the table???????? also glad to here you had fun up in the nord country.