Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
night fishing

well its not legal in nh to fish the salmon waters at night it is in other states. is it better from midnight to dawn this time of year, and would you need a full moon for the salmon to see the lure, or do those glow lures work well enough

Re: night fishing

I'm pretty sure the rules for salmon is one or 2 hours after sunset to one hour before sunrise for salmon on winni.. check your rule book
Dan

Re: Re: night fishing

dan,
fishlessman is from the great state of maine where you can fish 24-7!!! i wish nh wold follow their lead

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: night fishing

My bad i miss read his post
Dan

Re: night fishing

Hey Man
Salmon are crepuscular feeders(low light feeders) who rely on seeing their prey. It is true that low light times are the best but I do not believe that you will catch more or bigger fish if you went out at night. I do however have some exceelent luck fishing predawn and dawn as well as predusk and dusk. I find in lowlight times a slightly darker lure works great and as light increases using a presentation with some flash triggers more strikes. This is just personal experience so by no means am I stating strict textbook type facts. Good Luck