Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Report

I do have that island on my chart. next time I turn on my Lowrance I'll pull the GPS corrd. and send them to you. The wagon wheel is across the lake from the ledges. Sounds like you traveled the same water I did Saturday. The break (temp) on the ledges side was 36', and 45' on the other side.
Planning on Saturday morning now that it is to hot today. Anyone else...

Tip for anyone going down, GET THERE EARLY! The park fills up quick. When I left Saturday, there were 9 boats waiting for parking.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Report

I forgot to ask, what did you get???

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Report

I put a small report above, but it was under one of coolwaters posts... We started right off with the trifecta! First fish a laker, next a salmon, then a rainbow. The first time I have landed one of each on a trip. After that we pulled them in randomly... but ended up with just the one rainbow. Did catch one salmon that was only 8". Better than winni, where most of our catch lately has been those little fellas.
I didn't write in my log... but I believe we boated around 5 lakers, 4 salmon and 1 'bow. Had four or five others on that we lost and a few "releases" I assume were hits? All this from 12 to 3 or so... I think we got lucky! That or the storm that went through earlier had them up and feeding? Whatever it was, we had fun. Becky (who is not too much into fishing) was even enjoying our catch rate! Of course she pulled in the biggest fish... a fat laker. Downside was that not one of the fish broke the 20" mark. Most were between 15 and 17" But heck, it was fun.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Newfound Report

Popeye, thanks for the offer of sending me the coordinates. I'll have a map next time I go up... that one hump by the ledges sure surprised me, did some quick scrambling to get three of the riggers up over it! Never used a ff on that lake before... and only trolld leadcore in the past, so I had no idea how much it "rolled" in spots.
We marked a ton of fish just off the ramp, in like 40 feet of water. Didn't try fishing them as I assumed they were bass? Any opinions?
Maybe next time I'll see or hear some of you guys up there. I'll have to program the radio to scan 69 as well.
Thanks again.