Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

I agree,Popeye, for $25, I would buy a derby ticket. The first year that Roland and I fished for kings, we caught a 39+lbs king the day before the derby, so you never know. Last year the 2nd placed salmon was caught at 9 AM on the last morning of the derby. I placed 16th last year and caught that king during the second weekend of the derby. If anyone is out there fishing, spend the extra money and get in the derby.
There is nothing like a screaming reel with a winning king on the lure.
Hope to speak to you guys up there in a couple of weeks.
WoodNWater Lena

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

Your right on Lena,
Last year the winner was caught out where we were, we even had gone in to check one in and saw her check it in. Its a cheap 25$. It all depends on the fish gods...
Do you leave your boat up there when you go back and forth? We use to, made it easier.
I liked the 1k a day to. That was great until they ran out of money. The light house also has a 100$ a day for the biggest. (I think they still do)

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

popeye

Yes I do bring up my boat and also agree about boats getting stacked up in the trench. You just need to get out early like the Bill saiff Charter team they allways produce big numbers. I would like to try the power plant area sometime just need to figure out that area. So you guys made up the fall classic when its really the LOC correct?? what are you using for rigs?? I mostly use a shooter with a bait rig with herring strips. I thinking of rigging this year a wire line for the dipsy divers most likely I will pick it up at a local shop in pulaski and let them put it together. 1-reason is I learned the dipsy is a good rig for just about any game fish.... you could get a HUGE BROWN,COHO and of course The mighty KING at any given time.

Charlies Charters [Ontario division]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

We know Bill and his son. I think my brother has fished with him.
We use salmon slashers/salmon assins, 11 inch. Use spin doctors in the 8 inch. I make up my own twinkies. Lures that time of year for me is #1 is my zip lures, #2 is a silver bullit all taped up, and #3 is a flat fish.
I don't use wire. I run a couple riggers up, and a couple down. Have a brown from up there on the wall at 19.15lb....Thought it was a king!!

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

Wow!!! Sounds like you have it figured out. I need to mix it up a little more with some new tackle for late fall what would you recomend??

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

Meat. We do better on that. Dodgers/spin doctors and A-TOMIK flys also work well.
I recomend 2 riggers with meat. I will add/change/ do different things in the afternoon, then go back to meat in the evening.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lake Ontario's Fall Classic

Good deal I allways run 2-riggers only. I was informed of that from A good friend out there by the name of charlie rawson he used to run a boat called fish taxi He no longer charters but hangs out at the dock at henderson so i run into him every year and he helps me out alot!!

Thanks popeye

P.S I have a tomik fly set up from last year it did not get much time in the water.