Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

Fished today with a couple guys from florida. It was a great day and they were great guys. Just up on vacation with their families.

Ran a 6 rod spread of 4 riggers and 2 lead lines.

Fished 5:15 until 9:50 a pretty short day but with plenty of action.

Landed 14 salmon 5 lakers and 2 rainbows for 21 fish. The guys kept 4 nice salmon of 17,18,19,20 inches and threw back a few more keepers holding out for a monster before keeping their 4th. fish. The bigger ones really screamed out some line today they were nuts.

We had fast and furious action for about 15 minutes at 6:15 am we went 8 for 9 on a double a quad and a triple all back to back within seconds i guess you could really call it a niner because the rods kept popping as i tried to reset them and couldn't but we really did have 4 on at the same time and only lost 1 of them but we brought in the double and triple. The one we lost was a nice fat salmon that was fighting hard to go down and the hook pulled about 5 feet down and 5 feet back.

Ran riggers at 36 feet for a couple hours and worked slowly down to 50 feet by 9:00 also ran 8-10 colors of lead. Small lures on lead took the bigger fish like smelt guns and size 1 needlefish. Bite was white early to yellow and orange then pink and silver.

They were really excited to take the salmon right home and throw em' in the oven for lunch! Glad to see them be enjoyed so much.

Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

Don't you love it?? Sounds like our day last week.

Salty :o)

Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

I DO LOVE IT!!!

And they salmon fishing isn't any good in the summer?

Re: Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

good talking to you out there today Adrien, we also had our fast time at about 6:00. we had a triple- got 2 in the boat lost the other. we ended up w/ 4 salmon and 3 lakers with the largest laker and salmon about 20" and fat. but it was a great day fishing as we had plenty of action. we are learning every time out and it gets better each time. oh ya, Adrien that whale that i was dragging was a wind sock. Iam having a hard time finding some one who can figure out a way to rig a kicker motor to my rig. seems the trim tabs and baitwell are quite an obstacle for them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

Good pics Adrien. They must have been psyched with all the action at once! Usual spots?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

Look in the background in pics #1 & #2----one of the usual spots-----I'll be there tomorrow----then off to
Quebec Nord Friday night.

kenny g

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

All out in the broads

Bon Voyage Kenny G !!!

Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING! Question for Adrien

Hi Adrien

This morning was the frist time i got to see your boat. What a nice looking rig it is too ! being a life long Grady White fan I wanted to ask you this moring but I think we were all to busy catching Fish : )) What year is that boat? it has realy nice lines

We also had a very good morning we ended up with 15 fish, 8 salmon 6 lakers and a rainbow Oh and also a large bass that hit right on top in the prop wash over abot 70 feet of water lure was hangin out there while we were setting the downrigger. We were betwqeen 40 and 55 ft with riggers and about 7 colors of lead. We quit fishing at 930 as my son had to go to work. The last hour we were fishing a silver Db smelt with a green stripe on the bottom and it was doing very well caught the two larger salmon on it which were around 18.

We fished the same water the last 2 hours yesterday evening too and got 5 fish 2 salmon 17 18 but very fat and two lakers 18 and 22 and one rainbow about 18 all fish at 55' on riggers petty the last hour od daylight. We had fun but back to work tomorrow.

Be well

Glen L

Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING! Question for Adrien

Agian the yoadrian produces......Why am I not surprised by his results. Or should I say the fishwinni charter team. Adrian I am going to go look tomorro at a 208 adventure in freeport ME I think that am ready to pull the trigger on something soon.

Charlie charters [Charlie]

Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING! Question for Adrien

Thanks, i really love it, It is a 1983 241 Weekender but obviously converted to an outboard. It takes the waves great and is fast and smooth.

Oh, and sorry for calling you Gary this morning i don't know where that came from, I must have had fish on the brain? I realized it about 10 minutes later.

Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

Super day for the YOAdrien (so what's new), guess your clients were used to the heat.

Was there any wind on the pond to cool ya down ? Got pretty windy down here in Mass, but it helped cool you off a bit.

John S.

Re: Re: HOTT Day - HOT FISHING!

not much wind, it wasn't bad didn't have to be on the wheel constantly we just let it go where it wanted to. it did cool you down a bit but we left before it got crazy.