Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: whip - ss minnow shakedown/sukapee reports

Hey there Rick, When you guys heading up to the Diamond?????? Fishing hasn't turned on at sunnapee yet? whats up with that you got someone hogging all the fish down there or they just keeping you running around like a chicken with your head cut off with all the work? Talk Soon, Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL DAve From up North

Re: Re: whip - ss minnow shakedown/sukapee reports

Sunapee is in fact starting to turn on. Fished solo again Sunday & Monday. Sunday I caught 3 lakers 17.25in, 19.5in & 21.25in didn't weigh. All 35-40 feet on the riggers. Monday produced 2 lakers and one salmon, lakers were 18in & 18.5 didn’t weigh, the salmon was the biggest one I’ve ever landed 26.25in 6.6lbs same depth same speed 2.5mph All fish released! Would like to catch one like that at the Winni derby. Like John states Sunapee & Squam ain’t no Winni but you can pick at them. Only saw two other boats fishing thought one was Rick in a Red Lund on Monday but I’m not sure?

Charlie

Re: Re: Re: whip - ss minnow shakedown/sukapee reports

Great Salmon, I know there are a few like that with my name on them in Squam, I figure the longer it takes to get em the bigger they will be.

Glad to hear they are finnaly putting the feed bag on at Sunapee, go get em, don't let up on them now that they are biting, 2 months left.

Been talking with Rick and I know he's been hanging in there waiting for the bite to start.

I hope to post similar results after this weekend.

Good luck to all you guys,

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sunapee is in fact starting to turn on. Fished solo again Sunday & Monday. Sunday I caught 3 lakers 17.25in, 19.5in & 21.25in didn't weigh. All 35-40 feet on the riggers. Monday produced 2 lakers and one salmon, lakers were 18in & 18.5 didn’t weigh, the salmon was the biggest one I’ve ever landed 26.25in 6.6lbs same depth same speed 2.5mph All fish released! Would like to catch one like that at the Winni derby. Like John states Sunapee & Squam ain’t no Winni but you can pick at them. Only saw two other boats fishing thought one was Rick in a Red Lund on Monday but I’m not sure?

Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: whip - ss minnow shakedown/sukapee reports

No secrets here, Sunapee is slow... Glad to see Charlies on the board again! havent sean a post from him in months Hope alls well. We'll be on the pond Saterday and Sunday this weekend . Short trips like 5:30 till 8:30 then get back to the choars. Ill i can say is i havent tried trolling Hedge hog @ 1.6mpch with the Rainbow DB, with the top temp@ 78+ yet this year. That was the combo last year but the good lake has clammed up a bit so far for mr.
Cant Wait.
PS: 1- laker.2 small salmonoids, and a bassterd or two. last sunday 4:30pm till 8:30
Whister

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whip - ss minnow shakedown/sukapee reports

Whippster I havn't been posting, had an issue decided to start posting again. Sunapee slowed up July but that normal, managed to boat 1 or 2 each trip. The lake is set up now 30 feet and lower seams to be the ticket. Mini Guns, Top Guns, Chevs & Needle's are what's working for me, smaller seems better. DB's, Flash Kings and Streamers arn't working. I'll be there Sunday morning, I'm in the White Arima with the Honda and dual black cannons. What's your boat color now, I think you have a different one. I'll be east southeast of the harbor lets try to hook up Sunday if possible. It would be nice if I could meet Rick and Popeye finally since we are the only ones fishing Sunapee from the board.

Good Luck,
Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whip - ss minnow shakedown/sukapee reports

I have a 19' cuddy,Wht w/ blue hull and blue top usually up. We've been real slow this year, not skunked much just small saalmon and lakers, Lakers are really previlent this year?
Whip
ill be out sunday pm not am as i thought earlier.