Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
yoadrien is the man....

copied yoadriens wed post straight to the broads 36-45 ft down used the orange black dot smelt gun awesome lure.fished solo 4:45 to 11 caught 20 fish 6 salmon 6 rainbows 8 lakers like yoadrien said all the big fish came on the smaller smelt gun 20in salmon 19in rainbow 27 inch laker my biggest ever.13 caught on the smelt gun 7 on the copper redhead top gun the 5 little guy salmon i caught hit the bigger top gun.great day out there hope it stays this good

Re: yoadrien is the man....

congrats rich, sounds like you had a ball out there today, its a great thing this web site when you have guys like adrien willing to help us amatures out with all their knowledge. glad you had a great day.

ilucas

WOW! Thanks rich!

But i think you are the man, i take it you were fishing solo and you caught 20 it took me 6 rods to get that many! And a 27 inch laker is quite a fish. Any idea how much it weighed.

I am really happy that guys are puttting more and better fish in the boat with some of the info i share.

Believe me when i say that i have learned a lot from others on this website also. Some things i never thought of or just hadn't tried yet. This is a great place for fisherman to get together and i have made a LOT of new friends here. I did not know 1 single person that is on this board before 3 years ago and now i think i have at least a dozen lasting friendships and many other friends i talk to on any given day on the lake.

Take a look at the cover of Hawkeye this Month it is graced with all the beauty that is a 9 1/2 pound lake trout and oh yeah Dave's ugly mug too. Also i have been writing small articles about the fishing on the lake. Theyare published on the same page as Me and Travis Charter Ad i think page 44 this month, and 35 last month. I don't get anything for it but if it helps people enjoy the lake more through getting more fish and maybe drums up some business i guess it is all good.

Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

Wow Rich... that's an awesome day. 20 fish solo is quite an accomplishment. Hope you continue having days like that! If you do... would you mind if I tied my bow rope to your stern and followed ya around??? Hehe
And SIX rainbows! Holy cow... you had a killer day. I've only landed a couple rainbows on Winni all season.
Lets hope the fishing stays this hot. Seems like all the lakes (except Sunapee) are producing right now.

Re: Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

You forgot Squam, not sure which is worse, Sunapee or Squam right now.

I'll give er another try this weekend, be up Saturday, Sunday and Monday, will fish all 3 days if
they are biting ??????? As you know, I don't give up that easy. Like the ad says, "Be ready when she is" but in my case it's "Be ready when they (fish) are"

It does sound like most all the Lakes are really cookin, I'm really happy to hear some of the newer guys are gettin into lot's of fish, sounds like everyone is doing great this week and last.

20 fish solo, I don't think I've caught 20 all year, super day Rich.

John S.

hi adrien
did you try the umbrella rig out jim

Sampson, if you wanna try Winni with me this weekend, just say so. I hope to go both mornings. Trying to get my dad out too. You're welcome to join us as always.
Sorry, forgot about Squam being slow too. Newfound and Winni must be the hot spots then. Tried Winnisquam again one night but only a few small lakers boated. Haven't landed a salmon there in the two trips this year??

Re: Re: Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

Thanks for the offer, maybe Sunday if you have a spot, but if you have someone else that wants to go in the meantime, that's fine. I'll call you from the camp tomorrow night or maybe catch you while we are both fishing Saturday morning ??? Do you have the number at the camp ????

Love to hit Winni and get in on all the action, but I want to try Squam Saturday to see if anything has changed, I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet.

I'll get a hold of you either way.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sampson, if you wanna try Winni with me this weekend, just say so. I hope to go both mornings. Trying to get my dad out too. You're welcome to join us as always.
Sorry, forgot about Squam being slow too. Newfound and Winni must be the hot spots then. Tried Winnisquam again one night but only a few small lakers boated. Haven't landed a salmon there in the two trips this year??

i didn't get it until yesterday afternoon it looks good and i will run it this wednesday.

congrats on your great day on the pond. did any of the bows you caught happen to have any tags from the state or Rotary? Any pics? has anybody caught a tagged anything this year?

that rainbow we joked was a steelhead earlier was tagged by rotary. sampson caught it on my boat 3.5 lbs. pic is on my website you can see the tag out of the dorsal fin.

thanks I'll look at you site.

now that's a nice rainbow.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

John, yup I have the number in my phone. If you get this message... I'll have to let you know about Sunday. Engine problems tonight. Maybe waterpump??? Hope I can get it fixed tomorrow or Saturday.

Forry, that picture on Adrien's site doesn't do that fish justice. It was awesome. The colors on it were even better than the picture. Would have been a great one to catch for the Rotary Fishing Derby.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

Tough luck with the motor, if you can't get everything going your certainly welcome aboard my barge Saturday or Sunday. Both days in fact, I don't have anyone coming with me, if anything we can gave a nice boat ride, supposed tp be a super weekend.

Maybe you could have your wife join us later in the day and we can boat for a while (no boat traffic on Squam) and have a cookout on the boat or back at my camp ???

And yes Forry that was a nice fish, we had allot of fun joking that it was a "Steelhead", one of the bigger Bows I have caught, on any Lake. My son might have caught a bigger one on Travis boat before, there ya go Cool Water and YOAdrien, two of the Lakes best bets.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John, yup I have the number in my phone. If you get this message... I'll have to let you know about Sunday. Engine problems tonight. Maybe waterpump??? Hope I can get it fixed tomorrow or Saturday.

Forry, that picture on Adrien's site doesn't do that fish justice. It was awesome. The colors on it were even better than the picture. Would have been a great one to catch for the Rotary Fishing Derby.

new to site.caught two rainbows sunday both 14"and both had green tags.think they are rotary tags.also caught two 18"lakers and two salmon one small and one19". all were caught on gold orange top guns.

Welcome to the board TripleD I'm fishing with you during the Rotary Derby LOL... Two tagged rainbows... wow. What's going on here. Everyone is having awesome fishing on winni.

"The Great Spirit" must be happy! Mr Lyon would be happy. I assume he's still away? Haven't seen him post in a long while.

none of the bows i caught had tags all came on the smelt gun in 40 to 45 f.o.w east of diamond. ball at 36 ft Can only estimate the weight of the laker at 5-7 lbs i catch and release everything so i try to get them back in the water asap.I foul hooked one 20in laker on the pectoral fin thought i had one like dave from up norths monster laker last week i checked the clock thinking this is gonna be a battle but it was just a medium sized fish coming in sideways.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

That'll certainly get your blood pumping... They definitely seem bigger when hooked anywhere but the mouth!
Five or six pounder is still pretty good! Fun on light line!
Did you get many jumps out of the salmon or rainbows?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yoadrien is the man....

only the big rainbow jumped a few times away from the boat they all go a little crazy when i get them close.gonna try again in a couple hrs see if yesterday was a fluke.