Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Winni is hot, hot, hot

Awesome report! Keep 'em coming. We like long posts... that means something good is going on (generally). So, let me guess... the fourth pole went to Davey Jones locker?
You were running one rigger and two leadcore?

Did you try running the rigger at the same depth as the leadcore or did you keep it down 40-50'?

Wife and I were on the lake for a bit last night and were marking a bunch of fish in the 24-26 foot depth... not so many down below that. Wondering why? Looked like they were hanging out just ABOVE the thermocline instead of just UNDER??? Is that where the YOY smelt are hanging? Any ideas anyone?

Re: Re: Re: Winni is hot, hot, hot

Hi Craig,
Yes, we only have 1 rigger plus the lead core set ups. Based on YO's report the other day, we just kept the rigger at 36 and got the last salmon of the morning at 40 feet. We never varied from there. And YES, the 4th rod was indeed buried at sea as we were setting up...loose rod holder, almost tossed everything else in after it,%$#@! As for marking fish, it was weird as you could see the thermocline but there were as many individual large sized targets above it as below it in some spots. Of course it was totally overcast, dark and rainy, not sure how much that matters but I'm sure it had an impact. Also, all fish off the riggers were only set back 6-10 off the ball. I painted the rigger ball hot pink, loaded it with reflective tape and added a couple sections of spinners above the ball.
Just a great day.

Re: Winni is hot, hot, hot

Awesome... Sounds like you guys had some fun!

Cool Water

Re: Re: Winni is hot, hot, hot

Thanks to people like you Travis...I'll be in touch.

Re: Re: Re: Winni is hot, hot, hot

Oh man... stinks to lose gear... especially first thing in the morning. Good thing you caught a bunch, that must have made up for it?

Ooooh pimped out rigger weight! Hot.

Should be out tomorrow and Sunday... hope to talk to some of ya on the radio.

Good luck everyone.