Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? Radio/Antenna Installation on Aluminum Boat

Before you drill any holes in the boat, check out the location of the antenna and see if there is any interference on all channels from the fishfinder and any other noise make device on board.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? Radio/Antenna Installation on Aluminum Boat

Thanks Slip and Ghost. Ghost -- good idea about the shakedown. I was already going to test for interference when transmitting (from antenna feedback) prior to "drilling holes" as per the Shakespeare people's suggestion, but you raise a good point. I think I'll install the radio but wait to mount the antenna until I can get on the water and docked / moored with all devices on and running to check out all potential sources of interference. Thanks again guys!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? Radio/Antenna Installation on Aluminum Boat

Eric,
On my Islander aluminum boat with a ratchet mount,I put on a rubber gromet over the small end of the antenna to travel. While it is laying down it keeps it from slapping the aluminum, and the antenna is tapered so it won't slide down when raised. Works out well.
Ernie.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suggestions? Radio/Antenna Installation on Aluminum Boat

Good idea Ernie thanks.

Has anyone mounted a smaller antenna on a bimini? The antenna would not be as long but you'd get the height...