Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friday fishing report

Fished with White Cap and Blue Fin today. Got on the water about 4:40. Pouring rain and pitch black. Started fishing off Welch Island and picked up a few fish there, but had just as many mishaps as fish! I won't go into it but I know AJ's Bait and Tackle will be happy! Moved out into the broads and Jack Caught a FAT 22" male salmon on 8 colors of lead. I forgot the lure, either a Copper red top TG or a smelt gun. It weighed just over 4#. Pulled hard all the way. Cal netted it and it jumped out of the rubber net, off the transom, and into the water between the motors. Cal was able to net it again!! We thought it was a goner for sure. (If it got away it would have been at least 5 or 6#. LOL) Caught about half the fish early on lead. 8 colors. We picked up a few more fish in the broads and picked up and headed to Black Point. Starfire said he was banging them so got a change of scenery. Picked up 6 or 8 there and had as many short hits. All rats!! (Guess Starfire got all the big ones) Headed back to the broads. I caught a fat 20" Salmon that jumped a few times. After it cleared up the lead core died. Everything on riggers. Cal got a good sized Salmon that did some air time too. The lure of the day was the pumpkin head smelt gun. Earlier on the lead an orange and black dots smelt gun was hot. We must have had 25 short hits today and landed 25 to 30 fish. 4 or 5 long releases of which I had 3. Had 1 peeling off line and then it was gone. Cal got a nice laker about 20". We got 3 lakers, 2 rainbows, and the rest Salmon. Must have got 15 to 20 Rats. Enjoyed the chatter from the fishlakewinni gang. Talked to Ilucus and Starfire. Was a fun day in spite of the early weather and a bunch of clusters. All fish caught from 38' to 55'.

Salty :O)

Re: Friday fishing report

Sounds like it is getting to be an expensive season for the crew of the Peggy C ??? BUT quite a lucrative one for AJs B&T.

Salty, do you have the Navionics chip for Winni? My wife found it quite helpful to keep from going too shallow... 'cause you know, she IS the captain of the ship when we go together. Doing quite well I might add... we haven't had a close call in a while now. LOL

Keep it in the boat... good luck.

Re: Re: Friday fishing report

It wasn't about the depth. I have the chip. You know the old saying, &%*! happens!

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Friday fishing report

That it does... and all too often LOL

Take care