Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late start...

Just could not fall asleep last night... Finally about 2am I was out. Had the alarm set for 3:45 and somehow managed to turn it off (in my sleep?) and didn't wake up until 5:45 this morning. So, changed my plans.
Rather than heading for the big lake, I went across the street to Winnisquam. Just me... two lines in the water...
Hate to say it, but I still haven't caught a salmon out there!? I did manage two lakers and a rainbow... but none went over 18". I had one other "release" and that was it. Everything happened 7 and 8:30... left at 9:30 BORED. I don't know how you guys fish alone on the slow days??? Even with the radio playing, I couldn't take it.
Will definitely be on Winnipesaukee tomorrow. Bringing my dad, his friend and his friends grandson. Told them to call me at 4am to make sure I'm awake to meet them at Ames Farm for 4:30-4:45 Hope we have the luck every one else has been having out there. Last time I brought my dads friend along it was pre-derby and we only boated one salmon that day. Would like to make up for that.

Hope everyone did better than I did this morning... but at least I got out. Better than nuthin'

Re: Late start...

See you out there tomorrow Craig, even if you sleep late, it should still be good!
Good luck,
Bob

Re: Re: Late start...

Trust me, I won't be sleeping late tomorrow. My alarm is set... and so is the wife's! She'd smack me in the head with hers if it goes off... (she doesn't know I set it and she isn't even going).

Plus, I told my dad if I hadn't called his cell by 4:15 to call just in case.

We'll be out by Rattlesnake to start and go from there. Talk to ya on the radio. Good luck.

Re: Late start...

I fish alone most of the time and your right it can be boring, but once in a while we catch a fish and it gets better. LOL

John S.