Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat am

Like many others on the board recently, I have a great morning to report. Fished Black's Pt area for about 3hrs this am, nearly continuous action. Released about 8 short salmon, landed two 21" (both 3lb 1oz) salmon, lost a larger salmon at the boat, released two lakers and had many more releases on the riggers and bites on the lead......8 colors on the lead, 38-45' on the riggers. Ran two lead lines and two riggers, about 50-50 between lead core and riggers, did well on spoons above blades on one rigger. Hot lures were Fishlander spoon in Wonderbread, small Maynard's Marvel fly behind a dodger, Smelt Gun in pumpkinhead and YoZuri Pin Minnow fished over blades. The two fish I dressed for the smoker were FULL of 1" long white perch fry. Good luck to all...

Re: Sat am

Great report salmo!! Fast action! Glad you got some quality fish. The fish sure have been gorging on those white perch fry.

Salty

Re: Sat am

We had a good morning also 17 salmon mostly small ones 6 Lakers and 2 rainbows no real size to any of them. there was no best lure kept trying different color we had hits on everything we put out DB's and top guns ran dodger and fly for a while thatis the only thing we had no hits on. speed 2.2 MPH 35 feet to 50 feet. 7 to 8 colors on lead.

Good fishing
Bruce

Re: Re: Sat am

Got out on the lake today at 450am, lines in at 5am fished the broads landed 8 fish, 3 salmon, 4 lakers and one bass. Biggest was a laker 22inches and Fat. 2 18in salmon and only one 12in salmon! The last few times I've been out all I've been catching was 8 to 10in. salmon.
Lots of releases, lost a big laker on a TG crazy banana at 45ft over 80ft of water. Mini gun Guide worked most of the morning, copper orange MG, Monica had a few hits but no takers. The wind was a pain in the @#$&^ and the waves got pretty big on the broads but other than that had a good time...
Dan