Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: striper bait shops?

The shack across from Little Bay Marina looks to be closed since last year I think.As far as Taylors they sell striper bait that's great.I can shoot down rt.126 onto rt.9 and then over to rt.4.Been by there many times never thought of them THANKS GUYS

Re: Re: Re: striper bait shops?

I was actually looking online earlier today for info on the Portsmouth Co-Op and read that it was temporarily closed and possibly out of business??? Anyone know for sure if this is so or was I reading old news that had changed?

Re: Re: Re: Re: striper bait shops?

I googled Portsmouth co-op and all the articles that came up were about it closing, but they were all from 2002. I haven't been there this year (freezer is full of macs), but there are plenty of commercial boats tied up there, and I think they're still operating. Whenever I went I was tied up at the dock and walked in the back door, usually around 5am. They're just regular guys and seemed happy to help out with any kind of bait we wanted, they had tons of different species laying around. The Seabrook co-op would do the same I imagine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: striper bait shops?

Haha... that's unny. I didn't even read the articles. I saw the titles and assumed they were closed. Guess I jumped to conclusions. Oops. Thanks.

Re: Re: striper bait shops?

Went over to Taylors today,they were closed must have gone to lunch.Sign said be back at 12:30.They open at 7am except Sunday.We had planned to fish today but wife said with storms coming and raining falling we made a bait run instead.Ended up at the Seabrook Co-op,do you know how many herring you can get in a 5 gallon bucket,holy $@#t.She even got me to buy lunch at Markey's in Salisbury Ma. Shudda went fishn,weather was great down there. Got enough bait for the rest of this season,maybe even chum for ice fishing.

Re: Re: Re: striper bait shops?

Sweet! I hit it lucky one day last year at Seabrook, a scallop boat had just come in, and sold me 10lbs for $10.