Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DUBBS!!

Salmanoid - I take it you tried your version of the "cheater" technique? Where were you fishing on Moosehead? What lures were you successful with and at what depth. I'm heading there this weekend and I'm bringing the arsenal. Looking forward to it... Eric H.

Re: Re: DUBBS!!

Hi Eric, fished again between sugar and deer, hugging deer for the most part. Then did extremely well south of deer between moose and deer on the southern shore. Deep water, many, many fish. It's funny, have always and still did extremely well with the Flashking blue, it has a laser sticker insert, not the painted one. Not sure of the number, but funny part is haven't caught a single fish on Winny with it, yet it has produced just about 70% of all my fish in ME. Hammered silver williams, DB guide and Green with eye, but the one I found on my last day was the derby winner, both the red and almost ruby version. Coulcn't keep it in the water on the rigger with moosamaloo flasher both horizontal and vertical as attractors. Had a killer on, broke my line as I scooped it from the rigger holder, even though drag was set right. Felt the head shake and poof, it was gone. Oh well. I will get my lure back next year..........

Good luck, Salmanoid, formerly flashkingblue

Re: DUBBS!!

ive been using that technique for the last few weeks on sebago, cacthes the most fish on the slider. been hesitant to use a second rod until i get a confirmation from some one in the maine fish and game, anybody have a number or an email or a site that the question could be posed, i cant find it on there main site

Re: Re: DUBBS!!

When u find the answer, please post here. I too have been unwilling to chance an illegal line set, so only used it the one time but it sure did produce!! Dubbs, can you imagine that on the same pole!!