Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday (Late Report)

BioMoe... good talking with you too. We didn't spend too much time on the radio after we got started... fish were biting too much!
What type of flashers you using? Above or behind the ball? And are you running the lure close to the flasher or way back?
I did notice the larger fish we caught Sunday came from the one line I was running 60-75 feet back... no flasher. BUT the lines we ran above and behind flashers (anywhere from 4-20') had way more action.
Perhaps the "wiser" fish are a little boat shy? I'm running an I/O so may be a bit noisier than those fish like? Who knows.
I wouldn't give up on the flashers though. Give 'em another try.

Re: Re: Sunday (Late Report)

I got 'em at AJ's. There 3 bladed, vertical flashers and I have the release about 6" above them. I run the lure from 5-10ft behind.

My other rigger-rod was set up the same only without the flashers and it caught 80% of the fish.

Alan from AJ's said "If you have a flasher on, then it makes no sense to keep the lure more than 10ft off the ball." So I ran 'em close all day.

Lead core is a pain to use (apparently I have the heavy stuff), but it outfished the riggers this weekend. Tough to get a lead core lower than 45ft though.

I'll be back at it on Sat., hope to talk to you again.
Thanks for all of your help.

Moe

Re: Re: Re: Sunday (Late Report)

Looks like John S and LOL Dave will be out there with me Saturday... maybe Amber (Dave's girl)? So, we'll definitely be talking to you. We'll be down by Rattlesnake or Black Point area more than likely.

The flashers from AJs are the ones I use too, for verticals. They sure do look "purty".

Seems odd they hit more with the "no flasher" rigger. Same lure style/color? Or were they seeing different lures at the same depth and just liked one lure better than the other?
Maybe they've been seeing way too many of the flashers lately and wanted it "old school"? For a mere fish... they are pretty darn finicky sometimes!