Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: forgot the pic

Nice fish, if she were fatter it would have to be in the 7/8 pound class.

John S.

Re: Re: Thernocline

Am I correct in guessing that you have no real clue as to the depth of the slider ??? We can use it but only one rod.

Your having a hello of a season on Sebego, I see a 6 pounder in your future, maybe next month when the big males are crusing off the shoreline ???

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Thernocline

that would be right, no clue to the depth and i think the depth is changing every time the boat speeds up, slows down, turns, by adding some slack to the main line or tightening it up.even after you change the depth of the ball, it probably takes a while for it to find its new location on the depth. i also think that a little wave action gives it a little jigging action down there.
cant say that i havent been skunked a few days this year and the quantity isnt there like winni, but the fish have been big 2.5-5.25 pounders with a few small skippers and they have been fat. this year is the first year its been like this, the winni methods seem to work well and we arent catching the lakers like is the usual. the salmon fishing is to fun to slow the boat down, though ive been hearing that the togue crews have really been doing well. we have been getting fish this size almost every weekend since april. hopefully we get the real big one by the seasons end as they seem to be fattening up right now.this one had the right side fin clip, need to get a list of the clipping years in maine
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thernocline

Beautiful salmon Fishlessman. Where were you fishing again?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thernocline

west shore of sebago lake. camp is on the north west river

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thernocline

WOW, that's one healthy looking Salmon, keep on plugging away, your due.

John S.