Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leadcore

Thanks to all who shared information on my question. It is great to have a site where everyone shares information so freely. Thanks again

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leadcore

I by no mean's know 1/2 as much as some of the pro's on here but i do know that i bought a new leadcore set-up from A.J.'s i wish it had the line counter on it but unfortunately it doesn't. When i went up to Canada a few weeks ago My leadcore outfished both the downriggers and my buddy's leadcore set-up (not sure why as he also has 18# lead with approx the same amount of leader) my pole counted for approx 80% of our catch's, but i was also 9-10 colors out with about 75' of 10# fluro, and an 8' leader of 8#fluro attached to it, the other leadcore was catching fish too but also with 9-10 colors out. When i fished the Winni Derby i caught my only nice Salmon out 10 colors down by Rattlesnake and Aardvark estimated i was down about 40Feet, I usually use only Dbsmelt lures and top guns only once in awhile do i put on a bigger spoon such as a big sutton when i'm trying to catch a Huge Laker LOL Only my 2 cents as like i said i don't know 1/2 as much as guys like Adrian and Travis LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leadcore

It is strange how sometimes the lead core will consistantly outfish the riggers and we know how deep riggers are, lead core is only at best, a good guess.

Travis allways told me if you catch bottom you then know how far down you lead is/was, LOL how trues it is.

When I read about sink rate are we talking about how fast it will sink or how deep ????????? Not really that important to me just thought I would throw it out.

You guys lost me days ago with the first paragraph, especially Gus (Gray Ghost) and Adrien, WOW you guys are talking a whole new launguage for me, LOL.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leadcore

Just a thought on leadcore. With that many colors out.And with a windy day. Would this affect the action on lures. With the wind affecting boat speed also waves.I know underwater currents do. Maybe its the windy days. When leadcore works better. Nothing to back this up. Just thought of this while reading the other replies.